Gifting amazon prime

Posted 25th Nov
Has anyone found a way to gift amazon prime membership in the UK please? I gather we do not have the option here and it cannot be paid for with a gift card but i would like to buy it for my dad, on Black Friday ideally.
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

13 Comments
Talk talk are giving it away free with broadband so it must be possible. Maybe talk on amazon chat?
joxeruk200025/11/2019 16:42

Talk talk are giving it away free with broadband so it must be possible. …Talk talk are giving it away free with broadband so it must be possible. Maybe talk on amazon chat?

Interesting... I have asked amazon a couple of times but their repeated answer is that it is not available as an option.
just set up a new account and email. buy a one off year sub. remove your card and give the details of email and amazon to whom ever to change passwords as the see fit?
silvershark01025/11/2019 17:35

just set up a new account and email. buy a one off year sub. remove your …just set up a new account and email. buy a one off year sub. remove your card and give the details of email and amazon to whom ever to change passwords as the see fit?

Good plan but he already has an account that he is logged into and would unfortunately get confused easily if i gave him another.
Add your payment details to his account (prepaid card maybe) then pay for a year's subscription and delete that payment option from his account
If you have amazon prime already, you can add his amazon account to yours and he gets prime for free

amazon.co.uk/gp/…370
Edited by: "SkullMunky" 25th Nov
A pre-paid card seemed so obvious once you said it. Then i read on amazon that they wont accept prepaid cards for amazon prime!
SkullMunky25/11/2019 20:20

If you have amazon prime already, you can add his amazon account to yours …If you have amazon prime already, you can add his amazon account to yours and he gets prime for freehttps://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201910370

We do not live at the same address but thanks for the reminder
Ah ok, You don’t need to, just change delivery address when ordering. But I’m guessing you want the amazon prime to be a “physical gift”. I get that so no worries
Edited by: "SkullMunky" 26th Nov
zoolander226/11/2019 13:34

We do not live at the same address but thanks for the reminder

You don't need to live at the same address. You can allow one other Amazon customer to share your Prime benefits. He would still have his own log-in, his own default delivery address and his own saved payment details and you would keep yours. For one subscription fee, two accounts would get Prime deliveries. The only difference I'm aware of is that the secondary account might not be able to access the Amazon Prime TV or music services.
Doug_26/11/2019 22:46

You don't need to live at the same address. You can allow one other Amazon …You don't need to live at the same address. You can allow one other Amazon customer to share your Prime benefits. He would still have his own log-in, his own default delivery address and his own saved payment details and you would keep yours. For one subscription fee, two accounts would get Prime deliveries. The only difference I'm aware of is that the secondary account might not be able to access the Amazon Prime TV or music services.

I was sure i read that it was to share with the same address but perhaps that is not the case. It is for him to find music and tv particularly so will have to find a way round buying it for him
A variation on an Amazon gift card is that you can top up an Amazon account at a Pay Point terminal, rather like topping up a PAYG mobile or a gas meter card. You just need to log into the Amazon account to get the barcode for them to scan at the till. I have mine saved in my Apple wallet. He could send you the barcode or a screenshot.

There have been several deals on here with account-specific bonuses for topping up for the first time, such as
hotukdeals.com/dea…302
hotukdeals.com/dea…099
It's a subscription service that needs to be linked with an ongoing payment source for auto-renewal, making it problematic as a gift (unlike - for example - a typical gift magazine subscription which is usually a fixed number of issues and then just stops) and presumably why they might not want to allow gift card or pre-paid card balances to fund the fees. I guess the straightforward thing to do is buy it directly through the recipients account... it might be possible to 'cancel' the auto-renewal quite soon, once the recipient begins their non-refundable period (after any free trial period and also after starting to use some Amazon Prime benefits) although that might result in annoying nag messages throughout the remaining time!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions