Groups

Giganews acclerator question...

...does it only help speed if downloading headers? I've not downloaded headers for years now, I only use nzb's. I've just tried it as my downloads have been a little slow and it's not made any difference. Using Giganews and Newsbin pro.
    Does anyone use it?

2 Comments

You are absolutely right and right on - the giganews accelerator speeds up the downloading of headers only. If you like downloading headers, the giganews accelerator is a header download on steroids, you will not be disappointing. When using the accelerator don't be surprised if your file download speeds stay the same, it is a useful tool because it creates a secure area 51 like connection to giganews

Original Poster

NNTPJunkie

You are absolutely right and right on - the giganews accelerator speeds … You are absolutely right and right on - the giganews accelerator speeds up the downloading of headers only. If you like downloading headers, the giganews accelerator is a header download on steroids, you will not be disappointing. When using the accelerator don't be surprised if your file download speeds stay the same, it is a useful tool because it creates a secure area 51 like connection to giganews

Cheers for that. I've binned it now as I never download headers, so it was of little value to me.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?28128
      2. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63218
      3. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…33
      4. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1118

See more discussions