Groups

Girifriend has lost Driving theory test certifcate, How to get a new one?

Been trying to find out how to get a new one for her for a couple of hours as she doesnt have the net but i cant find a number to ring anywhere.

Have found this

Address:
    Driving Standards Agency
    Customer Services
    PO BOX 381
    Salford
    Postcode:M50 3UW
    Email: [email protected]pearson.com

and the address of where she passed

Gloucester
    Theory Test Centre

Eastgate House
    121-131 Eastgate Street
    Gloucester
    Gloucester
    GL1 1PX

But no telephone number to ring, does anyone know how you can go about getting a new certificate, she wants to book her test up.

Thanks

James

16 Comments

Q Is it possible to get a replacement theory test certificate if the original has been lost?
    Can I book a practical test without the certificate?

A You will need to contact the customer service team at the DSA responsible for the theory test who will be able to help you further.
    You will need to prove to the examiner that you have passed your theory test so you will either be issued with a letter to say that you have passed or you will be told what your certificate number is.

the link takes you to that address you have put, so my guess is to write or email them.

Original Poster

ChipSticks;4347569

Q Is it possible to get a replacement theory test certificate if the … Q Is it possible to get a replacement theory test certificate if the original has been lost? Can I book a practical test without the certificate? A You will need to contact the customer service team at the DSA responsible for the theory test who will be able to help you further. You will need to prove to the examiner that you have passed your theory test so you will either be issued with a letter to say that you have passed or you will be told what your certificate number is. the link takes you to that address you have put, so my guess is to write or email them.

Yea, what i saw online too. Just thought it a tad odd that you cant ring someone and talk to them. Thanks

There must be a number for the place where she took her test, you could try ringing them, they might have a number for the people you need to talk to.

Edit: before she does that, tell her to check her bra.. I keep anything important in my bra...

Original Poster

ChipSticks;4347623

There must be a number for the place where she took her test, you could … There must be a number for the place where she took her test, you could try ringing them, they might have a number for the people you need to talk to.Edit: before she does that, tell her to check her bra.. I keep anything important in my bra...

There doesnt seem to be a number for the test people, there doesnt seem to be a number for any theory test centres!!

Doubt its down there, she does have a habit of losing things!! :thumbsup:

If your girlfriend needs to book her practical test, she can ring and book it quoting her drivers licence number and her date of birth and those details will show up at the DSA as her having passed her theory test and she will be able to proceed with booking the practical test.

If she tries to book it online, she will need both of the above plus her theory test certificate number, so don't book it online, do it over the phone. She will not need the actual certificate.

My husband is a driving instructor and that has come from him - he has had a fair few lose their certificate over the years! :roll:

You cannot telephone theory or practical test centres.

Hope that helps.

Original Poster

Jules1212;4348419

If your girlfriend needs to book her practical test, she can ring and … If your girlfriend needs to book her practical test, she can ring and book it quoting her drivers licence number and her date of birth and those details will show up at the DSA as her having passed her theory test and she will be able to proceed with booking the practical test.If she tries to book it online, she will need both of the above plus her theory test certificate number, so don't book it online, do it over the phone. She will not need the actual certificate.My husband is a driving instructor and that has come from him - he has had a fair few lose their certificate over the years! :roll:You cannot telephone theory or practical test centres.Hope that helps.

Thanks! But what happens when she goes to the test centre, doesnt she need it then?

Can you book driving lessons on sundays?

you need to put your test pass # when you book a practical but its not necessary to be shown when you go to the test ......

i would ring permison (think thats it) who run the theory tests and they should be able to send you a new one out

Theory test booking line - 0300 200 1122 is the number to book, try ringing that about your replacement certificate

why would you want to get a new girlfriend just because the old one lost her driving test certificate??

ClarityofMind;4349237

why would you want to get a new girlfriend just because the old one lost … why would you want to get a new girlfriend just because the old one lost her driving test certificate??

trading in for a newer model :lol:

independent woman that can drive :lol:

faevilangel;4349252

trading in for a newer model :lol:independent woman that can drive :lol:

hehe :-D

perhaps the suspension is going on the older model !

lots of baggage :lol:

bit rusty ...... water in the footwell ...... well used model :lol:

not sat nav :lol:

gonan stop now :-D

faevilangel;4349394

lots of baggage :lol:bit rusty ...... water in the footwell ...... well … lots of baggage :lol:bit rusty ...... water in the footwell ...... well used model :lol:not sat nav :lol:gonan stop now :-D

a few too many miles on the clock?

too many previous owners?

you're so much better at this than me lol

the__mayster;4349120

Thanks! But what happens when she goes to the test centre, doesnt she … Thanks! But what happens when she goes to the test centre, doesnt she need it then? Can you book driving lessons on sundays?

No. If she hasn't passed her theory then the practical could not be booked - ergo the examiner won't ask for the theory test certificate He/she does not need to see it. She WILL need her driver's licence though!

You cannot take a test on a Sunday (you can book lessons for any day the instructor works). You can pay extra to take a practical test on a Saturday though.

faevilangel;4349191

you need to put your test pass # when you book a practical but its not … you need to put your test pass # when you book a practical but its not necessary to be shown when you go to the test ......

Only if you book online.

All you need if you book via telephone is your drivers licence number and your Date Of Birth.

Original Poster

Sorry, i meant book a driving test on a sunday, (i mean ring them up on a sunday to book it for another day)

She hasent got the test pass number, she didnt write it down, otherwise if she did it would have made it all a lot easier.

This is the test booking number: 0300 2001122

Best just to ring them and if they are not there then the message will say what hours they are open.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64534
      3. Tv choice magazine Issue 391414
      4. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1133

See more discussions