Groups
    EXPIRED

Girly Guitar

I have been looking for a three quarter size guitar for my 8 year old as she has just started learning. I have seen the run of the mill wooden ones but have also found a candy pink one in Very. It is called Candy Rox and is steel strung.

Does anyone out there know whether this would be a good guitar to buy and not just novelty value?

The 'hole' in the guitar (I'm sure there's a more technical term) is heart shpaed too - would that affect the sound?

It's £59.99 which sounds reasonable to me.

Any advice?

5 Comments

home and bargains will get them in again nearer to xmas about 12.99 i bought one for my daughter and they said they would be getting more in these are not electric though

Westfield B200 3/4 Acoustic Guitar Pink . at music king , great sound . £20 off ....£69 .....

i wouldn't recommend a steel strung guitar for a beginner TBH, the strings are quite a bit harder to press down on than nylon strings. I still get blisters occasionaly and i've played guitar for many years. and unfortunately it's not just a case of swapping them for nylon ones either, as the neck of the guitar will be set up (hopefully) for steelys, which obviously are under a lot more tension than nylon ones.
    It'll most likely sound ok, the shape of the sound-hole won't have a noticable effect on the sound.
    unless she's used to steel string guitars i'd keep looking....

The shape of the hole WILL have an effect on the sound. I play violin professionally and I can assure you that sound holes on professional instruments are very carefully designed for the best quality sound. Even a few mm can alter it! The guitar will sound very tinny and plastic as it's purely designed to look cute, so if she really wants to learn properly, buy her a decent one, not a novelty one.

EADG123;6656845

i wouldn't recommend a steel strung guitar for a beginner TBH, the … i wouldn't recommend a steel strung guitar for a beginner TBH, the strings are quite a bit harder to press down on than nylon strings. I still get blisters occasionaly and i've played guitar for many years. and unfortunately it's not just a case of swapping them for nylon ones either, as the neck of the guitar will be set up (hopefully) for steelys, which obviously are under a lot more tension than nylon ones.It'll most likely sound ok, the shape of the sound-hole won't have a noticable effect on the sound.unless she's used to steel string guitars i'd keep looking....

baffledsalmon;6664010

The shape of the hole WILL have an effect on the sound. I play violin … The shape of the hole WILL have an effect on the sound. I play violin professionally and I can assure you that sound holes on professional instruments are very carefully designed for the best quality sound. Even a few mm can alter it! The guitar will sound very tinny and plastic as it's purely designed to look cute, so if she really wants to learn properly, buy her a decent one, not a novelty one.

a noticable effect? one that would be of concern to an 8yr old novice or her parents?:whistling:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Decent Mp3 Player?33
      2. Box Nation44
      3. iPhone x66
      4. Do you use a case on your iPhone?11

See more discussions