Groups

Give a little back to the childsplay charity

Don'y know if anyone has heard of this charity but every year around christmas they get a wish list of toys and games from sick children around the world which goes onto amazons website, people can then just view the wish list and buy and of the toys for the children, these items then get sent direct to the chosen hospital.

The hospital in the uk is alder hey childrens hospital, some of the toys are only a couple of pound and you can make childs xmas.

Hope it's ok to post this on here.

childsplaycharity.org/

12 Comments

you should post this on ebay for all the people making money on the go go hamster stuff!!

i have sent them a gift. having spent a christmas in hospital with a sick child its close to the heart

Original Poster

jennie-jack;6918250

i have sent them a gift. having spent a christmas in hospital with a sick … i have sent them a gift. having spent a christmas in hospital with a sick child its close to the heart

nice one

Will definitely do this and will be emailing others with the link.

Items start at £1.99 - most people will pay more for a coffee.

I have vouchers on amazon from doing surveys too, so I will buy a few using those.

Mod & Ed

thanks for this, repped

Original Poster

Cheers guys, if everyone on here just bought one small item there would be a lot of happy kids

Just about to email this to people in my address book, but wanted to check how you know its genuine first

Looked at the alder hey website but cant see anything about it on there (would of thought they would promote it since it gets them free stuff)

when you buy an item you send it directly to alder hey. amazon already have the address

Thanks, the childsplay website says it goes to them - (just noticed it was written in 2003, so maybe its changed since then, but....)

All the toys and games will be delivered to us and we will in turn … All the toys and games will be delivered to us and we will in turn deliver them to the Children’s Hospital

Going to order something later, sent email out to other people

Original Poster

Thought tis tread might have got a better response :-(

souljacker;6932790

Thought tis tread might have got a better response :-(

I've done a few threads along similar lines, always disappointed by the small response, BUT I always think if only 1 person takes notice then it has been worthwhile

I have forwarded it on to a few people as well

have sent something such a shame theres not much of a responce
    world would be a much better place if we all could be that bit kinder
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767218
      2. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1012
      3. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?917
      4. love affairs912

See more discussions