Give me space car sticker

Found 13th Jul
babyblooms.co.uk/giv…ce/

Sign the petition very good cause Ever found yourself struggling to get the little ones in and out of the car safely? Maybe before they were even born? You're not alone. Join our campaign for safer parking for families.

Campaign MissionGive me Space is a parent-led campaign for safer parking facilities for families. The campaign will bring together your views on the need for safer parking for parents with young children and pregnant women, which will then be used to lobby government to introduce new parent and child parking recommendations for all car park owners. At the centre of the campaign is an online petition for parents or care-givers to sign, as well as a Facebook page to allow you to share your stories.
Community Updates
MiscHome & Garden
Top comments
Oh god how have we managed with kids all these years without special spaces. Finally generations of parents cut in two or crushed trying to put their kids in the car will see justice.

You can't have special parking for everything And everyone, if all the parent and child spaces are full park away from other cars where there are plenty of free spaces for room. Popping out sprogs is a personal choice, no one thinks your kids are special but you. Oh no but i would have to walk little tarquin an extra 30 metres and he is all tuckered out from child pilates and however will i get the organic humous he wants, no demands for his dindins.

I want a special space near the front as someone who has abstained from children , to make up all the time i lose at the supermarket trying get by all the parents and kids wondering aimlessly, having tantrums and blocking the isles, then having to take my life in my hands getting out the carpark as every yummy mummy 4x4 tank randomly reverses out without looking or spends 6 days trying to park. Only to pull out into school run traffic and avoid dieing once again, as Tarquin-Humous Shufflebottom argues with mummy as she cuts me off at a roundabout without taking a single glance to the right, nor surprising as she only drives for the school run, 2 minutes from her house.
Edited by: "catbeans" 14th Jul
A better campaign would be to have walkways in car parks so pedestrians could move safely across larger car parks. There are plenty of parent and baby spaces around and they are usually used by people that don’t need them.

Could you imagine a theme park having to adapt to your rules? Their parking would be significantly reduced (as it’s all parents and kids pretty much that visit them) it would effectively half their parking leading to a lot of disappointed children!!

We live in a modern world if parking is such a problem buy stuff online or use public transport!! Come on!!
joanddan76 m ago

How did I know this would attract the “I DONT HAVE KIDS AND IM ANGRY AT E …How did I know this would attract the “I DONT HAVE KIDS AND IM ANGRY AT EVERYONE ALL THE TIME BECAUSE OF MY “lifestyle” CHOICE”It must be tiring trying to make everyone else’s life more awkward just because you don’t want to feel you miss out on something. Compassion sadly lacking. That being said some of these ideas are very difficult to implement. If everyone could be more accepting of one and other we would all have easier lives.

As opossed to "i made the decision to have kids give me special treatment"
joanddan721 h, 52 m ago

How did I know this would attract the “I DONT HAVE KIDS AND IM ANGRY AT E …How did I know this would attract the “I DONT HAVE KIDS AND IM ANGRY AT EVERYONE ALL THE TIME BECAUSE OF MY “lifestyle” CHOICE”It must be tiring trying to make everyone else’s life more awkward just because you don’t want to feel you miss out on something. Compassion sadly lacking. That being said some of these ideas are very difficult to implement. If everyone could be more accepting of one and other we would all have easier lives.

It’s not attracted that at all. It’s attracted people with a sense of reality. People that don’t think because I have kids I deserve stuff. I have a child and yet I disagree with your proposal as it’s utterly rubbish. I simply park up the end of the car park (as everyone wants to park on top of the shops because they are lazy) and have no problem opening my doors. So please stop acting entitled and think before you speak.

There are real world problems out there which need solving, this isn’t one of them. You find it a problem for yourself and are expecting the world to change for you, yet there is a solution which doesn’t require any changes, Park at the back of the car park and walk, it’ll make your kids better off as they will get some exercise walking through the car park(helps towards tackling childhood obesity), it’ll teach them awareness and it’ll teach them that there is no need to park 3 inches from the store and that this area should be kept clear for those that genuinely have a medical need and can’t walk very far.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 15th Jul
31 Comments
Is that not what parent and child spaces are for? They tend to be wider.
If you make a parking space for someone who’s pregnant any woman can just say she’s 6 weeks pregnant and park in it. Who’s to say she’s not? Women show different size bumps at different stages of pregnancy.
Not saying it’s a bad idea. But people who have a disability have a badge and people who park in parent and child spots usually have a child with them. That’s visual evidence. The only visual evidence women have in early stages of pregnancy is placing their hand under their tummy even when its flat 🤰
Edited by: "jayonline85" 13th Jul
Oh god how have we managed with kids all these years without special spaces. Finally generations of parents cut in two or crushed trying to put their kids in the car will see justice.

You can't have special parking for everything And everyone, if all the parent and child spaces are full park away from other cars where there are plenty of free spaces for room. Popping out sprogs is a personal choice, no one thinks your kids are special but you. Oh no but i would have to walk little tarquin an extra 30 metres and he is all tuckered out from child pilates and however will i get the organic humous he wants, no demands for his dindins.

I want a special space near the front as someone who has abstained from children , to make up all the time i lose at the supermarket trying get by all the parents and kids wondering aimlessly, having tantrums and blocking the isles, then having to take my life in my hands getting out the carpark as every yummy mummy 4x4 tank randomly reverses out without looking or spends 6 days trying to park. Only to pull out into school run traffic and avoid dieing once again, as Tarquin-Humous Shufflebottom argues with mummy as she cuts me off at a roundabout without taking a single glance to the right, nor surprising as she only drives for the school run, 2 minutes from her house.
Edited by: "catbeans" 14th Jul
A better campaign would be to have walkways in car parks so pedestrians could move safely across larger car parks. There are plenty of parent and baby spaces around and they are usually used by people that don’t need them.

Could you imagine a theme park having to adapt to your rules? Their parking would be significantly reduced (as it’s all parents and kids pretty much that visit them) it would effectively half their parking leading to a lot of disappointed children!!

We live in a modern world if parking is such a problem buy stuff online or use public transport!! Come on!!
Nah.
This reminds of that catchphrase that Katharyn Tate's Nan character used to use "what a load of old *****"
catbeans7 h, 19 m ago

Oh god how have we managed with kids all these years without special …Oh god how have we managed with kids all these years without special spaces. Finally generations of parents cut in two or crushed trying to put their kids in the car will see justice.You can't have special parking for everything And everyone, if all the parent and child spaces are full park away from other cars where there are plenty of free spaces for room. Popping out sprogs is a personal choice, no one thinks your kids are special but you. Oh no but i would have to walk little tarquin an extra 30 metres and he is all tuckered out from child pilates and however will i get the organic humous he wants, no demands for his dindins.I want a special space near the front as someone who has abstained from children , to make up all the time i lose at the supermarket trying get by all the parents and kids wondering aimlessly, having tantrums and blocking the isles, then having to take my life in my hands getting out the carpark as every yummy mummy 4x4 tank randomly reverses out without looking or spends 6 days trying to park. Only to pull out into school run traffic and avoid dieing once again, as Tarquin-Humous Shufflebottom argues with mummy as she cuts me off at a roundabout without taking a single glance to the right, nor surprising as she only drives for the school run, 2 minutes from her house.

Come on, tell us what you really think
splatsplatsplat21 m ago

I am a communist when it comes to car park spaces. All spaces should be …I am a communist when it comes to car park spaces. All spaces should be equal, and larger to accommodate w*****s who ding your car, and those who cant park.That or all car makers should make gull wings compulsory.

This is exactly the same thought I have on the matter, I have had some nice cars in the past and it really hacks me off to think of the amount of dings I had on them from parking in supermarket car parks over the years.
Luckily I only have old rust bucket cars now so am not really concerned, but it doesn't change the fact that if a supermarket provides parking (or any company that wants to earn money from people parking on their property) so that you will use their shops they should provide a large enough space for everyone to be able to park without fear of some numpty dinging your car, and also that you can access your car boot/rear doors easily.
Edited by: "Dyslexic_Dog" 14th Jul
I'm more in favour of a "middle aged spread" space.
How did I know this would attract the “I DONT HAVE KIDS AND IM ANGRY AT EVERYONE ALL THE TIME BECAUSE OF MY “lifestyle” CHOICE”

It must be tiring trying to make everyone else’s life more awkward just because you don’t want to feel you miss out on something.

Compassion sadly lacking.

That being said some of these ideas are very difficult to implement.

If everyone could be more accepting of one and other we would all have easier lives.
joanddan76 m ago

catbeans52 m ago

Oooo ooo different is “special”

Im sure your against compassion for the elderly and disabled too...

I just feel we can all live happily without feeling like we are missing out on something we don’t need
Stop polluting the world with your over indulgent fornication then you wouldn't have to worry parking spaces.
#PutACorkInIt

Yes, that's "cork" not

(Yes I am joking).
Well, I identify as an Apache Helicopter and there is never anywhere for me to park. #CoptersNeedSpaceToo
joanddan79 h, 58 m ago

Oooo ooo different is “special” Im sure your against compassion for the eld …Oooo ooo different is “special” Im sure your against compassion for the elderly and disabled too... I just feel we can all live happily without feeling like we are missing out on something we don’t need

Parents arent elderly or disabled though are they, we arennt missing out on special spaces for parents.
jayonline8513th Jul

If you make a parking space for someone who’s pregnant any woman can just s …If you make a parking space for someone who’s pregnant any woman can just say she’s 6 weeks pregnant and park in it. Who’s to say she’s not? Women show different size bumps at different stages of pregnancy.

They could just be fat
joanddan721 h, 52 m ago

It’s not attracted that at all. It’s attracted people with a sense of reality. People that don’t think because I have kids I deserve stuff. I have a child and yet I disagree with your proposal as it’s utterly rubbish. I simply park up the end of the car park (as everyone wants to park on top of the shops because they are lazy) and have no problem opening my doors. So please stop acting entitled and think before you speak.

There are real world problems out there which need solving, this isn’t one of them. You find it a problem for yourself and are expecting the world to change for you, yet there is a solution which doesn’t require any changes, Park at the back of the car park and walk, it’ll make your kids better off as they will get some exercise walking through the car park(helps towards tackling childhood obesity), it’ll teach them awareness and it’ll teach them that there is no need to park 3 inches from the store and that this area should be kept clear for those that genuinely have a medical need and can’t walk very far.
cmdr_elito39 m ago

It’s not attracted that at all. It’s attracted people with a sense of rea …It’s not attracted that at all. It’s attracted people with a sense of reality. People that don’t think because I have kids I deserve stuff. I have a child and yet I disagree with your proposal as it’s utterly rubbish. I simply park up the end of the car park (as everyone wants to park on top of the shops because they are lazy) and have no problem opening my doors. So please stop acting entitled and think before you speak.There are real world problems out there which need solving, this isn’t one of them. You find it a problem for yourself and are expecting the world to change for you, yet there is a solution which doesn’t require any changes, Park at the back of the car park and walk, it’ll make your kids better off as they will get some exercise walking through the car park(helps towards tackling childhood obesity), it’ll teach them awareness and it’ll teach them that there is no need to park 3 inches from the store and that this area should be kept clear for those that genuinely have a medical need and can’t walk very far.

I’m not asking for this and I don’t need it.

You clearly have issues reading.

“These ideas are difficult to implement”

when did I suggest the world change for me.....

you are both rude and assuming.... learn not to assume... it will help you succeed it whatever you try to achieve.

I don’t support this at all.

I was opposed to the self entitlement of those that spout they didn’t make the life style choice to have children so why should they miss out on something.

It is people like that who park in disabled parking, park in parents parking and are generally opposed to any compassion.

Being against something because you don’t qualify or it doesn’t fit your “lifestyle” choice is ridiculous.

I stand by that.

It can still be a bad unworkable proposal but that can’t be the reason.
Edited by: "joanddan7" 15th Jul
joanddan713 m ago

I’m not asking for this and I don’t need it. You clearly have issues rea …I’m not asking for this and I don’t need it. You clearly have issues reading. “These ideas are difficult to implement”when did I suggest the world change for me.....you are both rude and assuming.... learn not to assume... it will help you succeed it whatever you try to achieve.I don’t support this at all.I was opposed to the self entitlement of those that spout they didn’t make the life style choice to have children so why should they miss out on something.It is people like that who park in disabled parking, park in parents parking and are generally opposed to any compassion.Being against something because you don’t qualify or it doesn’t fit your “lifestyle” choice is ridiculous.I stand by that.It can still be a bad unworkable proposal but that can’t be the reason.

Sorry but you have a clear misunderstanding of what constitutes rude and assuming. Look at the post I replied to (your post) it’s rude and assuming as the old saying goes people in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.

I’d suggest we keep it friendly in the Spirit of the HUKD forum rules.
cmdr_elito35 m ago

Sorry but you have a clear misunderstanding of what constitutes rude and …Sorry but you have a clear misunderstanding of what constitutes rude and assuming. Look at the post I replied to (your post) it’s rude and assuming as the old saying goes people in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.I’d suggest we keep it friendly in the Spirit of the HUKD forum rules.

Ahhh you are one of those. Throw insults and jump to conclusions and then report and Run to the report button.

i gotcha.

Again you clearly haven’t read and understood what I said. I don’t have any need for these parking spaces so all of your post aimed at me is aimed at the wrong person.
Try the OP.

you replied to my post (incorrectly).

i don’t need or want these spaces.

But but not because “I don’t have children so why should those that do get “special” treatment”

Thats a nonsense and flawed logic to why you are opposed to such spaces.

You made some valid points in your post.
but I don’t have children that need this and they certainly aren’t obese.

You quoted the wrong person.
joanddan74 h, 7 m ago

.....you are both rude and assuming.... learn not to assume... ….....you are both rude and assuming.... learn not to assume... ..........It is people like that who park in disabled parking, park in parents parking and are generally opposed to any compassion.

&
joanddan714th Jul

Im sure your against compassion for the elderly and disabled too...

Practice what you preace. I'm sure the majority of people from the humour in my comment understood i didnt actually want special treatment. Its not about lacking compassion either its that it isnt needed, which you have said, i dont have compassion for people getting their kids in and out of cars, not because i lack compassion but because it is not required as its a day to day task.
Edited by: "catbeans" 15th Jul
Of all the petition-worthy issues in the world that warrant some action, this must be slumming down around the bottom (ambiguously accurate).
I understand disabled car spaces, that is common sense..

everyone else, its fair game in my opinion.

If you choose to have children then you choose to then deal with life as it comes with children, I have children I find parking on the other side of the car park where its empty a good way to give myself some extra space.

Never understood the need to park as close as possible, My wife is just as bad she would park in Tesco's entrance way if she could get her Juke in it..

People seem to become very entitled when they have kids, like the world needs to support them and help them out with everyday tasks.. take you husband with you shopping or go when its quieter, or maybe even hold your child's hand?

I know this isn't a popular opinion, but so what the country has become soft as it is, making sure everyone feels validated and no offence is caused to anyone regardless.

also why do old people need special places if they are disabled then they are disabled being old isn't automatically a disability.
Edited by: "MrSprkle" 15th Jul
MrSprkle1 h, 34 m ago

I understand disabled car spaces, that is common sense.. everyone else, …I understand disabled car spaces, that is common sense.. everyone else, its fair game in my opinion.If you choose to have children then you choose to then deal with life as it comes with children, I have children I find parking on the other side of the car park where its empty a good way to give myself some extra space. Never understood the need to park as close as possible, My wife is just as bad she would park in Tesco's entrance way if she could get her Juke in it.. People seem to become very entitled when they have kids, like the world needs to support them and help them out with everyday tasks.. take you husband with you shopping or go when its quieter, or maybe even hold your child's hand?I know this isn't a popular opinion, but so what the country has become soft as it is, making sure everyone feels validated and no offence is caused to anyone regardless. also why do old people need special places if they are disabled then they are disabled being old isn't automatically a disability.

I always chuckle coming into a car park at people struggling to fit into a space in the front row of a car park (closest to the shop) when the row behind is completely empty, I’ve usually parked up and walked past them whilst they are still parking.....
If you choose to have children then it is a life choice and still means your 3/5 door cat fits in a parking space like every single other car. Children opening doors wide onto other vehicles is a problem for cars in the next space but that’s not exclusive to those people without children - it is basic respect of every single other car in that car park. Child locks often solve the problem of children opening car doors and often you see parents putting children in pushchairs by getting the pushchair out of the back - they’ll still have to do this because the boot of a car opens at the rear - well for the majority, some parents could have Porsche’s I suppose.

Those who who are disabled do require special spaces practically for a wheel chair or other disability aid - this often isn’t a life choice and makes sense to be directly outside the shop/shopping centre as matter of courtesy to people who lead difficult lives not out of personal choice.

I could get get behind a campaign for wider spaces in general, personally I feel normal spaces (Those generally occupied by everyone who isn’t disabled) could do to be 50cm wider - that’s only 25cm either side - so instead of this “Oh think of the parents” (Those who have made a life choice) lets just think of everyone - cars are bigger now, as such campaign for wider spaces for all.
Edited by: "Smeaton1724" 15th Jul
cmdr_elito1 h, 27 m ago

I always chuckle coming into a car park at people struggling to fit into a …I always chuckle coming into a car park at people struggling to fit into a space in the front row of a car park (closest to the shop) when the row behind is completely empty, I’ve usually parked up and walked past them whilst they are still parking.....

Exactly yeah.. how many times do you see someone circle the parking lot to find a space at the front? or sit waiting for someone else to reverse out, like you say your already shopping while htey are still looking to park
Smeaton172415th Jul

If you choose to have children then it is a life choice and still means …If you choose to have children then it is a life choice and still means your 3/5 door cat fits in a parking space like every single other car. Children opening doors wide onto other vehicles is a problem for cars in the next space but that’s not exclusive to those people without children - it is basic respect of every single other car in that car park. Child locks often solve the problem of children opening car doors and often you see parents putting children in pushchairs by getting the pushchair out of the back - they’ll still have to do this because the boot of a car opens at the rear - well for the majority, some parents could have Porsche’s I suppose. Those who who are disabled do require special spaces practically for a wheel chair or other disability aid - this often isn’t a life choice and makes sense to be directly outside the shop/shopping centre as matter of courtesy to people who lead difficult lives not out of personal choice.I could get get behind a campaign for wider spaces in general, personally I feel normal spaces (Those generally occupied by everyone who isn’t disabled) could do to be 50cm wider - that’s only 25cm either side - so instead of this “Oh think of the parents” (Those who have made a life choice) lets just think of everyone - cars are bigger now, as such campaign for wider spaces for all.

I agree completely wider spaces are need for all, too small for todays cars.
if I see one of these stickers i'll be purposefully parking close.

screw you and your self entitlement, your life choices shouldn't impact me in any way, park elsewhere if you want extra space.
Edited by: "eset12345" 16th Jul
I'm at a loss with this one. We have parent and child spaces and people abuse them. My guess is that if they were put on the far side of the car park not right next to the door, they would not be as popular. I've long since given up having arguments with people misusing them. If a parking bay is of a standard width, if I give someone space by parking to one side, I will make it more difficult for the person parked in the slot. How do I know they don't have kids too? Or how do I know you've got said kids in the car at that time? If it can't be policed it won't work. As a parent would I need such a sticker? No. I managed and I'm fairly sure millions of other parents managed too. I would spend my time and effort getting the powers that be looking at increasing the proviso for parent and child spots rather than producing stickers that mean nothing.
eset123455 h, 21 m ago

if I see one of these stickers i'll be purposefully parking close.screw …if I see one of these stickers i'll be purposefully parking close.screw you and your self entitlement, your life choices shouldn't impact me in any way, park elsewhere if you want extra space.

How beautifully ironic.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants