Groups

Glass display case

Does anyone know of a shop to get a glass display case. Not after a big deal extravagant thing, want it to be around 5ft tall and 1ft wide/deep.

This at Ikea is pretty much what I want but price is an issue. Delivery is estimated at another £40. ikea.com/gb/…055
    I also remember that particular unit being something like £21 a year or so ago which is disappointing.

Price is an issue as I am a very cheap person :P .

7 Comments

I'm sure bargaincrazy had one in their clearance section yesterday...worth a look

Original Poster

Thanks both. Looked at the Argos ones and they are just to expensive and only glass shelves. As for the bargaincrazy deal, its close to what I want but again an expensive delivered price and its walnut. After almost all glass and if wood is needed it has to be pine/beach light wood to match the front room.

The Ikea one is as close as I can mentally think would look good but paying the estimated delivery cost is just outrageous. Just a shame that there are no big furniture retail stores near me. :x

Surely grimbsy town fc have plenty of empty ones you can have :thumbsup:

Original Poster

transit;7781272

Surely grimbsy town fc have plenty of empty ones you can have :thumbsup:

haha, I would assume that they would only have a wall of certificates for attendance. (not from Grimsby and not a supporter).

Original Poster

Any more practical suggestions ?.

Original Poster

Final bump for ideas. So far the only option I've seen is the ikea unit. £40 for the unit and either £40 extra for delivery or £30 for petrol for a friend. Seems way to expensive for a single item.

Cant believe how hard it is to find something that I thought would be popular due to "everyone" collecting something to display.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …84142
      2. Follow the Three Word Game!!!44624043
      3. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1111
      4. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2748

See more discussions