glass protector with fingerprint support for s20 ultra?

Posted 23rd Apr
hello guys I'm looking for a tempered glass screen protector with fingerprint read support for my s20 ultra, has anyone got it yet? I got one from Amazon today but it doesn't work so any help will be appreciated
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
I didn't have any success with S10+ doubt it will be possible with the S20 range. You will need to wait for a Whetstone which is pricey.
My A70 has 'touch sensitivity' for when a protector is fitted. My phone works fine with it on, a bit iffy if it's off. Have you switched yours on?
40516293-V9EhD.jpg
The only one brand I know that definitely works for under screen fingerprint sensors and looks great is the Whitestone Domeglass. They cost a small fortune but they are really worth it if you install in properly.
ChrisKaru23/04/2020 19:40

I didn't have any success with S10+ doubt it will be possible with the S20 …I didn't have any success with S10+ doubt it will be possible with the S20 range. You will need to wait for a Whetstone which is pricey.

Whetstone is available but is it really that good?
Ringfinger23/04/2020 19:42

My A70 has 'touch sensitivity' for when a protector is fitted. My phone …My A70 has 'touch sensitivity' for when a protector is fitted. My phone works fine with it on, a bit iffy if it's off. Have you switched yours on?[Image]

Yes I know but the fingerprint doesn't work
Prosamuraiman24/04/2020 00:31

The only one brand I know that definitely works for under screen …The only one brand I know that definitely works for under screen fingerprint sensors and looks great is the Whitestone Domeglass. They cost a small fortune but they are really worth it if you install in properly.

Have you ever used one? It's around 50 quid but should worth be every penny
MKBHD did a review for the S10 using a Whetstone UV applied screen protector it was the only one which worked. However several reviewers have questioned it's durability as they are prone to crack on the edge. I personally wouldn't buy one. I think all S10 devices come with a PE protector applied. This is good enough for me despite it being really scuffed after 12 months use.
JawadAli24/04/2020 11:56

Yup I used one for my Samsung Note 10 Plus 5G and the sensor works fine.
JawadAli24/04/2020 11:55

Yes I know but the fingerprint doesn't work

Apologies..I was Just checking that you were aware of this, many aren't.
JawadAli24/04/2020 11:56

There are mixed reviews about the Whitestone Dome for the S20 Ultra in particular (from Amazon and Reddit). Seems that there may not be enough LOCA in a single vial, so you may have to apply more. It was actually on offer from Amazon recently (a reduced price and a voucher that could be applied), which meant you could have gotten it for about £28. Unfortunately, that offer has finished. I have managed to order it, simply due to having additional Amazon credit available. However, I may need to exchange the phone so have not yet applied it.

The actual cost is amplified due to marketing and the alignment cradle. The off-brands essentially use the same technology, but may not include the cradle.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions