Glass Screen Protectors Issue

Found 5th Aug 2017
I've never normally had problems with these, but I fitted one on my Nokia 6 today and although it's gone on ok, there's like a 10p size rainbow blob underneath it like an air pocket. I've tried taking a corner of the protector off and then squidging it out, but it's still there.

Only noticable if you have the screen off and look at it at an angle, but can it cause any long term issues?

It's Gorilla glass 3 on my phone screen, so am I wasting my time with a protector?

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Something is on the screen or protector. A slight bit of dust can cause it. You might not be able to see it but it's there.
Not much can scratch glass let alone gg3, only very hard materials like sand or certain types of grit.

Still if you can be bothered to fit a screen protector I can't really see a down side, except maybe this kind of annoyance
Original Poster
4Real20162 m ago

Not much can scratch glass let alone gg3, only very hard materials like …Not much can scratch glass let alone gg3, only very hard materials like sand or certain types of grit.Still if you can be bothered to fit a screen protector I can't really see a down side, except maybe this kind of annoyance

It's more to prevent the glass shattering if I drop my phone. B
superfreddy13 h, 31 m ago

It's more to prevent the glass shattering if I drop my phone. B

In that case get a good tempered glass protector with oleophobic coating, very easy to install as well
Original Poster
4Real20162 h, 48 m ago

In that case get a good tempered glass protector with oleophobic coating, …In that case get a good tempered glass protector with oleophobic coating, very easy to install as well

I did get one but it had a strange rainbow effect underneath it
I had this when installing my glass screen protector on my iPhone 7plus

Ended up having to use my nail to lift the corner of the protector, which then released the bubble, and let it drop again.

Must say though, the glass protectors hold up much better than film ones when pealing them back up
Edited by: "saxo_appeal" 7th Aug 2017
Original Poster
Well I tried another and had the same issue
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants