Found 10th Aug 2016
Hi all,

Need some new glasses. Looking for those squarish ones in black which are modern. Good value preferred, not necessarily cheap cheap.
Specky4eyes are good ive heard. Anyone have experience with places to get modern mens glasses from?

Thanks

1. Ask
  2. Glasses
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Glasses
10 Comments

specsavers
vision express

https://dqqzjdqmiszdy.cloudfront.net/sites/default/files/glasses-images/25671940-front-2000x1125.jpg
£25 at specsavers

Goggles4u if you buy glasses online

Lensway

glassesdirect often have half price and 2for1 at the same time. you can also get 4 trial pairs sent you to try before you buy

Original Poster

Thanks all

I use goggles4u - I have a pretty standard short sighted vision prescription. I have found them pretty good, slow on despatch, but glasses are of good quality and the vision through them is spot on. I tend to use them when they have a code for 2 pairs for a certain amount, I get one pair tinted for sunglasses.

Helen

Asda opticians better pricing than Specsavers.

I love Goggles4U (lots of money off codes to make them even cheaper), they're great if you have issues. I had one pair where the lens was slightly "off" in the frame and they sent me another free.

I've found their "brown" tint prescription sunglasses were amber the last time I ordered, not sure if they've fixed that, they were brown the first time I ordered sunglasses from there! Got many frames from G4U - recently went to a Specsavers 2 yearly sight test and they said my sight was fine with them. Drop shipped from Pakistan to the UK, gets here in around 10-14 days in my experience.

Zenni Optical I've bought a few pairs from too, and maybe a bit funkier than G4U, but more expensive. Their customer service perhaps isn't as good as G4U, they tend to offer money off if there's problems (though that might have changed - last ordered from there over 18 months or so ago).
Edited by: "louiselouise" 11th Aug 2016

Spex4less are great too. Just got my new Ray Bans from there today. Great service and very quick turnaround plus no quibbles money back guarantee.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769312
    2. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland1042
    3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247604
    4. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…2442

See more discussions