Groups

Glasses

Hi

I had an eye test this afternoon in Scrivens and they've said I need to buy some glasses, which I'm meant to be doing tomorrow.

I had a quick glance and they've got no decent offers on, so don't really want to purchase from there. Does anyonow know if they'll give me my prescription and let me buy from somewhere else ?

9 Comments

I think there obliged by law to give you your perscription. Have you paid for the eye test?

they have to give you the prescription by law-you are entitled to take your business anywhere you like.

Original Poster

scousekop;4569477

]http://www.glassesdirect.co.uk/?gclid=CMPEg9GMj5kCFQpuGgodMm4KZgor]http://www.speckyfoureyes.com/

Cheers for the links.. suppose its just a case of telling them I want a copy of my prescription then..

Original Poster

Goonieman;4569489

I think there obliged by law to give you your perscription. Have you paid … I think there obliged by law to give you your perscription. Have you paid for the eye test?

yup paid cash for it (as my agency wouldn't give me anything towards it lol)

barky;4569498

they have to give you the prescription by law-you are entitled to take … they have to give you the prescription by law-you are entitled to take your business anywhere you like.

glad to hear it.. suppose i'd just feel cheeky asking for it..

Ask for your PD or pupilary distance. Not always recorded on a glasses perscription but will be needed if you should decide to buy over the internet

If you have a reasonable old frame you can get glasses as cheap as £15
    ciliaryblue.com/ind…tml
    Saw that link on MSE. Apparently recommended by an optician

Original Poster

Thanks everyone for the help and advice.. rep left to all...
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?31154
      2. Weekly game codes giveaway 182722
      3. Find out how good your GP surgery is1010
      4. Did you know?2951

See more discussions