Global knives

Posted 2nd Jul
I’m a young chef and know just how good these knives are, I’ve just purchased my first home and am looking to buy good quality items but only once. I’m a firm believer of buy quality and buy once. I have seen a 7 piece global knives set including the knife block
This is from a reputable online merchant and 375£ from £750
Would any one else agree that this is a good investment
Description of the set
The Global G series of knives are a classic collection of larger, longer bladed knives with weighted hollow handles. The Global G range knives all have Globals famous Chromova18 blades and are sharpened to a 15 degree angle.

Set with 6 Knives and Block
6 piece MRJ knife block set
Aluminium ship shape block
Made in Japan
2 Year Warranty
Set Contains:

G-2 Cooks Knife, 20cm
GS-5 Vegetable Chopper, 14cm
GS-11 Utility Knife, 11cm
GS-38 Paring Knife, 8cm
GKS-210 Global Kitchen Shears
GR-82 Utility Knife
Care:

It is recommended that you wash your Global knives by hand using a mild dishwashing liquid and water
After washing, rinse with water and dry thoroughly with a towel
Global knives should NOT be put in the dishwasher: doing so could damage the sharp edges should they come into contact with other objects in the dishwasher
In addition, exposure to extreme heat and powerful detergents found in dishwashers can be harmful to high carbon stainless steel
If your knife is not stored or cleaned correctly, you may find that rust can start to develop on it: general household stainless steel cleaners are available on the market, and any of these can be used to remove rust from your stainless steel
Global recommends periodically sharpening your knives using either a waterstone or ceramic stone: In between stone sharpenings, it is recommended that you use the a fine ceramic or diamond rod to keep the edges of your knives aligned
Disclaimer: The image provided is for a 7 piece set - the actual set contains 6 knives and 1 knife block
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
I don't really know if they are worth that much - doesn't it basically depend on the hardness of the metal? The more expensive ones are usually at the top end of the hardness scale.

I did Google a while ago the best chefs knives, worth checking the different reviews out there - German steel seems to be at the top.
deleted1373921
I’d agree
I have a Global 7 piece set which I purchased from Costco about 6 years ago. I love them and couldn't recommend them enough. I paid £180. If you have a Costco near you, may be worth a call to see if they still have them, I know they did around a year ago. Even with the cost of a years membership, it would save you a bit.
rmjowen02/07/2020 13:43

I have a Global 7 piece set which I purchased from Costco about 6 years …I have a Global 7 piece set which I purchased from Costco about 6 years ago. I love them and couldn't recommend them enough. I paid £180. If you have a Costco near you, may be worth a call to see if they still have them, I know they did around a year ago. Even with the cost of a years membership, it would save you a bit.

Oooo thank you so much so this but of information! I have a cousin who works in Costco so will ask him to have a look out for me! I’m not in any rush for them and would wait for them especially at this price! Thank you very much! Can I ask what your set consisted of ?
bargainlover12302/07/2020 13:50

Oooo thank you so much so this but of information! I have a cousin who …Oooo thank you so much so this but of information! I have a cousin who works in Costco so will ask him to have a look out for me! I’m not in any rush for them and would wait for them especially at this price! Thank you very much! Can I ask what your set consisted of ?

The G2, GS5, GSF22, GSF15, GS3, G9 and block.
I almost bought a set of Global knives last week that were half price in Fenwicks Newcastle. I've also seen the sets for a good price in Costco before but not for some time. They are good knives, as are Wusthoff. I you think that you'll use them and get your money's worth out of them over the years turn go ahead and treat yourself.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 2nd Jul
I looked at a set for home last year they were £250 for 5 piece with block so £375 for 7 is about right..

google it and see if the 7 piece set comes up cheaper elsewhere... would of been the easiest solution...

but global are like any knives if you don’t keep on top of them there crap..
Haircut_10002/07/2020 15:21

I almost bought a set of Global knives last week that were half price in …I almost bought a set of Global knives last week that were half price in Fenwicks Newcastle. I've also seen the sets for a good price in Costco before but not for some time. They are good knives, as are Wusthoff. I you thibk that you'll use them and get your money's worth out of them over the years turn go ahead and treat yourself.

That’s where I saw a set of global half price last year in Fenwicks, I picked them up to buy, but then googled the set and found over £100 cheaper online.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants