Global warming, cutting back avoiding inevitable?

Found 8th Aug
if everyone in the world tommorlow cuts back on waste completely, aren't we just going to give it more time rather then solve global warming, isn't the issue the amount of people rather then amount of usage per person.
(we can cut back double the people back to same wastage)

since medical treatment from 1980 onwards can now cure just about anything and births exceeding deaths quite considerably ..

cutting back might give another 100 years... maybe this 100 years is needed to figure out a solution ... what do you guys/gals think
Community Updates
Misc
30 Comments
No....yes....maybe.... who knows, probably makes no difference anyway our small portion will get over ran by the other countries who don’t bother anyway, just do your bit.
Edited by: "eslick" 8th Aug
Point one technology will help and two we are close to a disease epidemic. A good 20% of the population will probably be wiped out in the next 30 years. Higher the density of people the increased risk of an epidemic.
kester7657 m ago

Point one technology will help and two we are close to a disease …Point one technology will help and two we are close to a disease epidemic. A good 20% of the population will probably be wiped out in the next 30 years. Higher the density of people the increased risk of an epidemic.

How can technology help?

Why are we close to a disease epidemic?

Not that knowledgeable so have no clue what you mean thanks
You can't solve a problem that doesn't exist.
Creatishh8th Aug

How can technology help?Why are we close to a disease epidemic? Not that …How can technology help?Why are we close to a disease epidemic? Not that knowledgeable so have no clue what you mean thanks

I've heard of plastic eating bacteria that might be able to breakdown a lot of the plastics out there.
Living in close proximity to animals has allowed more diseases to cross over and this is causing swine flu, bird flu etc.
Arguing that we should do nothing because some do is nonsense
should we all go out and kill our neighbour because some do ?

As to people who deny the problem how can you argue with people that ostrich like ?

Solutions ? well everything reuse,consume less,do your recycling....... and tell others about it
but most of all have less babies everywhere.
Carbon negative seems to be the way to go
rev628 m ago

Carbon negative seems to be the way to go

Carbon one of the basic building blocks of life, it's just not possible. Getting rid of cows would do lot of good though, then planes and filthy new age wood burning trends. Palm oil farmers another against the way. Deep down most processes use or produce carbon.
When people have 4/5 cars per house hold - population is increasing because people are at it like rabbits- people everywhere are placing fake grass down in the back and tarmac over the front gardens effecting insects birds etc etc - drive 3 hours to get to your favourite restaurant or take a selfie in a field with Sunflowers- And all that people seem to care/focus on if McDonalds use Plastic Straws or not! I just hate what we’ve done to this place! Watched Inconvenient Truth 2 on Netflix other day shocking to say the least - the lady’s flip flops melting as she crossed the road in India was a moment that will stick in my mind for a long time! Rant done
Population rates are decreasing people are becoming more educated that is one thing that works
agree with the rest

but the whole thing is painfully slow

Has just become interested in archaeology/history and was probably blathering on about it
and the person with me pointed out that future archaeologists would be digging up nothing but crisp packets in hundreds of years time

I said we are living in the golden wonder years then ?

that was 25 years ago
Doesn’t matter in the next hundred years we will be colonising the moon and spreading out to mars. Then further.
Agreed there's too many people.

If you have a bath of water and only 2 people take a cup full per day, it'll last X amount of days.
If 200 people try to take a cup each...

Bath meet World.
The reality is that world population growth has been slowing since at least a decade before the 80s, not accelerating:
data.worldbank.org/ind…art

The world population is being extrapolated to level out at not a huge amount more than it is now. About 9-11 billion a century from now I believe.

The issue isn't people, it's emissions.
We'll no doubt drop a few nukes and that will be the end of mankind as we know it.
Predikuesi4 h, 22 m ago

You can't solve a problem that doesn't exist.

Give it time.

There is always tommorlow.
The indoctrination is still working well, funny stuff.
EndlessWaves2 h, 27 m ago

The reality is that world population growth has been slowing since at …The reality is that world population growth has been slowing since at least a decade before the 80s, not accelerating:https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SP.POP.GROW?end=2017&start=1960&view=chartThe world population is being extrapolated to level out at not a huge amount more than it is now. About 9-11 billion a century from now I believe. The issue isn't people, it's emissions.

Also resources and space, once we reach a tipping point we will naturally cull ourselves.
op overheard some folks talking on the bus today then
Carbon Freezing

34653685-FYHwO.jpg

but seriously popsci.com/lar…kes

of course the real solution would be to allow this guy to sort it..

34653685-2vpv2.jpg
Edited by: "MrSprkle" 8th Aug
I think it's just delaying the inevitable, our way of life causes too much pollution
Then we need to change ffs

today is Earth Overshoot Day approximately of course.

overshootday.org/abo…ay/
I am a global warming skeptic.

Its just over 30 years ago that we where told if we don't cut down on CO2 then in 30 years time (ie now) we would be toast. We where told the ice caps would be melted and there would be catastrophic sea level rise, its not happened. What we have seen so far, I believe is well within the bounds of natural climate variation. "Climate change" has become a religious cult to the point that if you don't agree then you are called a "denier" wtf .

For the first time in the history of mankind those shouting "the end is nigh" are the sane ones and those saying "no it's not" are the loonies.
123thisisme24 m ago

I am a global warming skeptic. Its just over 30 years ago that we where …I am a global warming skeptic. Its just over 30 years ago that we where told if we don't cut down on CO2 then in 30 years time (ie now) we would be toast. We where told the ice caps would be melted and there would be catastrophic sea level rise, its not happened. What we have seen so far, I believe is well within the bounds of natural climate variation. "Climate change" has become a religious cult to the point that if you don't agree then you are called a "denier" wtf . For the first time in the history of mankind those shouting "the end is nigh" are the sane ones and those saying "no it's not" are the loonies.

Did any expert forecast an economic model of x% reduction/increase in GDP with y% reduction/increase in outcomes of economic activities which cause global warming? Or similar econometric methodology. Then 10 or more leaders put their necks on the chopping board for wrong predictions.

Is this economic model being used by our leaders in government? And where is it? If it exists, how urgent is it being referred to in daily government planning since the end is marketed as nigh.

If it exists and in use, there is global warming due to economic activity.

If it doesn't exist, there is no global warming due to economic activity.

There is a third possibility, there is global warming but it is the wrong kind of global warming to which the leaders and experts have no usable econometric models that works with the needs for economic growth.
Edited by: "splender" 10th Aug
We need to look at those that ignored the warnings before the ice age and didn’t change their ways.... they still had babies, drove their cars, cut down their trees, didn’t recycle their plasticsand then the ice age came and wiped them all out..... oh hang on maybe not.....

we don’t want to be extinct we should abandon this way of living. Become vegan and live in deluxe yurts.

act now. Ignore China Russia and America.

The british all living in yurts eating beans will save the planet!
Edited by: "joanddan7" 10th Aug
123thisisme2 h, 39 m ago

I am a global warming skeptic. Its just over 30 years ago that we where …I am a global warming skeptic. Its just over 30 years ago that we where told if we don't cut down on CO2 then in 30 years time (ie now) we would be toast. We where told the ice caps would be melted and there would be catastrophic sea level rise, its not happened. What we have seen so far, I believe is well within the bounds of natural climate variation. "Climate change" has become a religious cult to the point that if you don't agree then you are called a "denier" wtf . For the first time in the history of mankind those shouting "the end is nigh" are the sane ones and those saying "no it's not" are the loonies.

If all the ice caps melted then we'd probably only lose a couple of meters of coastline anyway, Oh and maybe London. That probably wouldn't be such a bad thing anyway ;).
MELTING GLACIERS. ALPS VERY’ DANGEROUS.

There have been many accidents and several deaths in the mountains in the past week. Hardly a day has passed without tourists being extricated from crevasses.

Another result of the heat has been a plague of vipers in the lower Alps.

(August 1921)

NORTH POLE MELTING. MANY GLACIERS VANISHED

Is the North Pole going to melt entirely?

Reports from fishermen, seal hunters, and explorers who sail the seas around Spitsbergen and the eastern Arctic all point to a radical change in climatic conditions, with hitherto unheard-of high temperatures on that part of the earth’s surface.

(April 1923)

Just to show we have been there before, CO2 is not dangerous to our planet.

what I am saying man/woman is clean up your act ffs
time for a masive decrease in the population, by at least 50%

The gove is doing its bit killing off the poor
Edited by: "miles136" 30th Sep
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants