GLOUCESTER

Found 24th Jun 2010
Family group of us are going to be in Glouceter this weekend for family event on Sunday.

Looking for things to do on Saturday. Maybe a bit of shopping, lots of sales starting soon!! Are there any good discount retail parks (our hotel is near to the motorways). I fancy a spot of afternoon tea as well (a few of us are glamorous grannies!!)

Any suggestions for reasonalbe place to eat on Saturday night.. Special birthday that night also. Will be 12 of us so looking for good deal but has to be good quality place (no pizzas).

Many thanks in anticipation

Any other suggestions for must see / do in the area appreciated

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
26 Comments

We uset to love Gloucester, the docks always use to be good, we went there a couple of years ago and they have built in the docks, not sure if it was a college or college accomadation, modern type of building! Theres an big antiques place and there use to be places to eat and a few little shops, Think you would like the docks. Not sure about the retail parks that way though, have a nice time

The Anchor Pub at Epney is quite nice to go to for some food and is in an excellent position on the river Severn (check for bore times, you might be lucky but will only be small this time of year - if at-all) with a good garden. In the same direction is the Pilot inn at Hardwicke who do very good food. If the weather is nice the garden is good as it is on the canal bank. It is quite nice to see the boats pass by. There is a nice Italian in the town centre called Topoys for a good steak. If you want to go approximately 10 miles out of town, the Weighbridge in Nailsworth is a lovely country pub with excellent food (my favourite).

Gloucester docks have good shopping apparently -

gloucesterquays.co.uk/con…php

If you like Chinese/Indian food, try Vynings in the docks as they are 'all you can eat' and very reasonable.

If you don't mind a bit of a drive there are a couple of shopping villages:

Clark's shopping village in Street: clarksvillage.co.uk/
and also Swindon designer outlet: swindondesigneroutlet.com/

Street is about an hour and half's drive, but the Swindon one is less than an hour (according to Google maps 55mins).

I feel sorry for you going out in gloucester.

the__mayster;8904004

I feel sorry for you going out in gloucester.

So do I - I lived there for 17 years!

There is no real good shopping there, the actual "town" is a throwback to the 80's and needs to be knocked down and rebuilt.

The new site at the docks is ok but most of the shops are still empty.

Cribbs Causeway in bristol is better, will only take you about 30 minutes. It is expensive there though.

Original Poster

OMG......looking desperate

Have we made a big mistake!!

There is a new "designer" mall in the docks and there is a hobby craft but the town centre is trash, cheltenham is better and has more variety and 2 malls in the town centre. Swindon (bout 50 mile from gloucester) has the mcarther glen outlet village.

There are some really nice pubs around gloucestershire to eat (bistro pubs) and my favourite is the hungry horse at cheltenham, it's just outside cheltenham on the cirencester road. Amazing prices and a really nice casual pub to eat in.

the__mayster;8905029

There is no real good shopping there, the actual "town" is a throwback to … There is no real good shopping there, the actual "town" is a throwback to the 80's and needs to be knocked down and rebuilt.The new site at the docks is ok but most of the shops are still empty. Cribbs Causeway in bristol is better, will only take you about 30 minutes. It is expensive there though.

Cribbs rocks, or if you wanna go a little further go to cabbots circus in central bristol, about another 30 mins from cribbs.

Banned

Pop in and see my sister in Winchcombe! (And see if Liz Hurley is at home in Sudely Castle!)

guv;8910258

Pop in and see my sister in Winchcombe! (And see if Liz Hurley is at home … Pop in and see my sister in Winchcombe! (And see if Liz Hurley is at home in Sudely Castle!)

Pah who would wanna live in winchcombe

Still really nice scenery around here, I could never live in a city, I love riding in the countryside :-D

Banned

Lol. Things to do in Gloucester, and one option is "visit Swindon".???

Winchcombe has a nice hill.

vibeone;8910344

Lol. Things to do in Gloucester, and one option is "visit Swindon".??? … Lol. Things to do in Gloucester, and one option is "visit Swindon".??? Winchcombe has a nice hill.

Gloucester is a dump, I cannot stand going there.

I cannot remember the last time I went into Gloucester, I just go to cheltenham, swindon or Bristol.

I live about 20 mins from Gloucester but won't go near the place.

Have a look at the official dogging site at Birdlip (although the sign has since been taken down).

guv;8910258

Pop in and see my sister in Winchcombe! (And see if Liz Hurley is at home … Pop in and see my sister in Winchcombe! (And see if Liz Hurley is at home in Sudely Castle!)

She lives in Barnsley (nr Ciren) Guv:?

faevilangel;8910454

Gloucester is a dump, I cannot stand going there.I cannot remember the … Gloucester is a dump, I cannot stand going there.I cannot remember the last time I went into Gloucester, I just go to cheltenham, swindon or Bristol.I live about 20 mins from Gloucester but won't go near the place.

Agree, but at least they are spending dosh to improve it.:thumbsup:

Do some sightseeing, Cromwell Street is worth a visit:thumbsup:

skusey;8910522

Have a look at the official dogging site at Birdlip (although the sign … Have a look at the official dogging site at Birdlip (although the sign has since been taken down).

lol google has some interesting results...

numptyj;8910556

lol google has some interesting results...

Dogging at Birdlip - After Dark Swinging Forums:?

skusey;8910585

Dogging at Birdlip - After Dark Swinging Forums:?

indeed haha are you a member?

numptyj;8910720

indeed haha are you a member?

Just joined, seems to be lots of members on there:thumbsup:

Gloucester is rubbish. Don't do it!

faevilangel;8910220

Cribbs rocks, or if you wanna go a little further go to cabbots circus in … Cribbs rocks, or if you wanna go a little further go to cabbots circus in central bristol, about another 30 mins from cribbs.

Not even that far really. Cabot Circus is good, but isnt that cheap either.

Pop over to the Airport and see if Bond have rolled out the new NWAA EC135?

Decent cafe there too.

Original Poster

lady111;8903921

The Anchor Pub at Epney is quite nice to go to for some food and is in an … The Anchor Pub at Epney is quite nice to go to for some food and is in an excellent position on the river Severn (check for bore times, you might be lucky but will only be small this time of year - if at-all) with a good garden. In the same direction is the Pilot inn at Hardwicke who do very good food. If the weather is nice the garden is good as it is on the canal bank. It is quite nice to see the boats pass by. There is a nice Italian in the town centre called Topoys for a good steak. If you want to go approximately 10 miles out of town, the Weighbridge in Nailsworth is a lovely country pub with excellent food (my favourite). Gloucester docks have good shopping apparently - http://www.gloucesterquays.co.uk/content/designeroutlet.php

We went to Topoys. Large group of us which they accomodated at short notice (guess the roadworks outside has done them no favours). Great meal, great weekend.............and still aching from GO Ape.

Thanks for the info
Post a comment
@
    Text