Gluten free stroopwafels from Consenza available in Sainsburys

Posted 15th Dec 2019
I found these Dutch Gluten free Stroopwaffles in my local Sainsburys this week. (Northern Ireland).

images.app.goo.gl/fmb…4R6

Priced just over £3 to non Gluten free folks this may seem absurd for 7/8 biscuits, but as my hubby reminds me - gluten free grocery options are priced as though you were eating in a cafe.

These are worth it. Every morsel of these caramel waffly, heavenly creations are going in my belly. I'm going back to get more, I feel a gollum like urge to horde these. They have been on my Gluten free bucket list since diagnosed at 26. Im now 42, I've waited.

Until diagnosis you are never quite aware how many thing you havent tried, and therefore crave. Then you get the disappointment of the alternative that's overpriced (I get it, making food safe is crazy difficult for manufacturers & food places) usually resembling dust or cardboard. These however are GOOD, so GOOD.
If you have a gf visitor, friend you are making a wee hamper for, or kid in your household make a beeline for these.

Mentioned in this blog - for a second opinion. theglutenfreeblogger.com/11-…th/

Co-op also had a lovely things but Sainsburys wins the GF Christmas vote for me.
Community Updates

Groups

7 Comments
Ooh something new to try. I’m 10 years gf and miss some things but we’re getting better choice, I miss donuts like fresh ones out the bakers.
toonsquirel15/12/2019 12:11

Ooh something new to try. I’m 10 years gf and miss some things but we’re ge …Ooh something new to try. I’m 10 years gf and miss some things but we’re getting better choice, I miss donuts like fresh ones out the bakers.

You can get frozen ones from 'rule of crumb' which are nice or the choc eclairs are ok most places
Any gf questions fire away
Redheadirish15/12/2019 12:13

You can get frozen ones from 'rule of crumb' which are nice or the choc …You can get frozen ones from 'rule of crumb' which are nice or the choc eclairs are ok most places

I’ve tried a few frozen ones there all nice and taste like those cooked ones you get from the little burger can type things but don’t taste like real bakery donuts. Over past couple of years I’ve enjoyed dominoes pizzas they have improved a lot and also subway doing a really nice gluten free bread and pretty much lost there stuff is too. What other favourites do all you gf lot like??
toonsquirel15/12/2019 12:28

I’ve tried a few frozen ones there all nice and taste like those cooked o …I’ve tried a few frozen ones there all nice and taste like those cooked ones you get from the little burger can type things but don’t taste like real bakery donuts. Over past couple of years I’ve enjoyed dominoes pizzas they have improved a lot and also subway doing a really nice gluten free bread and pretty much lost there stuff is too. What other favourites do all you gf lot like??

Oh a fair bit, the selection has grown considerably these last 15 years. Anything by schar the German company with yellow packaging. I believe they traded under a different name on prescription only in UK but when the nah prescriptions were revised they then moved into supermarkets in UK. They have bread that tastes like bread. The meltos are £1 everywhere but they are closest thing to kinder Bueno or Ferraro rocher. They have a biscuit type malteaser close minus the malt obviously. They are good but not amazing. Good for kids though. Tesco & co op have iced Christmas cake slices, but cheaper to buy slab of cake & slice yourself.
Iceland have frozen macarons atm
Redheadirish15/12/2019 12:40

Oh a fair bit, the selection has grown considerably these last 15 years. …Oh a fair bit, the selection has grown considerably these last 15 years. Anything by schar the German company with yellow packaging. I believe they traded under a different name on prescription only in UK but when the nah prescriptions were revised they then moved into supermarkets in UK. They have bread that tastes like bread. The meltos are £1 everywhere but they are closest thing to kinder Bueno or Ferraro rocher. They have a biscuit type malteaser close minus the malt obviously. They are good but not amazing. Good for kids though. Tesco & co op have iced Christmas cake slices, but cheaper to buy slab of cake & slice yourself.

Yeah tried those and I like the ferrero ones but Malteser ones get sickly. Tesco do nicest cherry bake wells and the warburtons tiger loaf is pretty good too. Co-op do nice iced cakes and they also have strawberry laces which my kids love and there’s something about strawberry weeds that’s make them all contain gluten so those are a nice treat for them. I’ve coeliac but still risk Cadbury’s chocolate and crisps like sensations that all ‘may contain’ and I get no reaction and my yearly ttg is always spot on.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions