Gmail emails

Posted 19th Oct
So my main email account seems to have stopped receiving or showing any new emails, have removed and re linked in iPhone have logged in online etc still no luck any ideas on what else to try
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
First.... Turn phone off and back on again...
Next
Try browser login on phone or pc..Use chrome browser. If that works but no luck on on phone, remove gmail app and reinstall.
Edited by: "wayners" 19th Oct
Have you tested from multiple devices?

Please also try the "All Mail" link in case it's some how turned on archiving for any mail as it's received.
Edited by: "morgie" 19th Oct
All mail link is top left of screen with gmail app. The 3 lines
Is it working okay via the browser interface? Checking this should help to narrow down the source of the issue, i.e., is it your account in general, or the iPhone app/interface.

Are you near to/exceeding the maximum storage capacity?

Also, try sending an email to yourself from another service and see what happens.
Edited by: "Illusionary" 19th Oct
When I log into it online via any browser it’s show last mail received in inbox April time it sends mail okay as I’ve sent testers
Try changing your password
Danny_Vinicombe19/10/2019 10:30

When I log into it online via any browser it’s show last mail received in i …When I log into it online via any browser it’s show last mail received in inbox April time it sends mail okay as I’ve sent testers

Presumably you have actually been receiving emails since April? What, if anything, have you done with those?

What about sending test emails *to* your account? Do these appear to go through properly - no bounce emails, etc.?
Check the gmail storage, once full you won’t be able to send or receive emails
RealOldMonk19/10/2019 12:26

Check the gmail storage, once full you won’t be able to send or receive e …Check the gmail storage, once full you won’t be able to send or receive emails

Confirmed above they can send, so I don't think it'll be a storage issue (but hard to tell!).
RealOldMonk19/10/2019 12:26

Check the gmail storage, once full you won’t be able to send or receive e …Check the gmail storage, once full you won’t be able to send or receive emails

and you should have error msgs.

Disable IPv6 over LAN wireless may or may not do it.
Check that your email isn't being forwarded somewhere else — it's unlikely you'd have set it up yourself, but if somebody's got into your account they might have done it.

Under Settings, check forwarding isn't enabled under Forwarding and POP/IMAP; also check nothing's been set up under Filters and blocked addressesto forward or delete everything.
Thanks guys it was due to the storage being full. When deleting emails off phone app it didn’t delete them from the inbox properly
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants