Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Gmail help

Posted 16th Oct
Hello, I recently tried to set up a new email account to take advantage of the 3 month Spotify.

However I seem to have added a new email address to my existing Gmail account....

The new email address I set up now seems to be my main one, even when I log in with my previous details my new email comes up along with my name, and I'm unable to delete just my new email form my account.

Is there any way of deleting my new email address?

Many thanks.
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
There should be a settings option to remove an account or 'switch accounts' something like that when clicking your name or initial on the corner. That's what I see when using the Gmail app.
BTW - in future no need to create a new account. Just add a "+" at the end of your gmail account name with a new word after it or put some full stops in your address. Messages will still come to your account, but the address will look unique to any service you're using it with. Details here - idownloadblog.com/2018/12/19/gmail-email-address-tricks/

myaddress@gmail.com

Is also the same as....

myaddress+newservice@gmail.com

or

m.y.a.d.d.r.e.s.s@gmail.com

..........etc!
Edited by: "morgie" 17th Oct
When I go into the settings I get this

Google Account email
(my new email address)
The address used to identify your Google Account to you and others. You can't change this address.
Assuming you're doing this on an Android phone? If so, go into "Settings" > "Accounts" ....is the new address listed there? If so, remove.
Thank you
morgie16/10/2019 23:30

BTW - in future no need to create a new account. Just add a "+" at the …BTW - in future no need to create a new account. Just add a "+" at the end of your gmail account name with a new word after it or put some full stops in your address. Messages will still come to your account, but the address will look unique to any service you're using it with. Details here - idownloadblog.com/2018/12/19/gmail-email-address-tricks/myaddress@gmail.comIs also the same as....myaddress+newservice@gmail.comorm.y.a.d.d.r.e.s.s@gmail.com ..........etc!

Superb tip - need to try this
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants