Gmail server moving backwards through time??

10 replies
Found 9th Mar
The reason I ask is, I have just received the shipping details for something I ordered and received back in January.

Now on its own, I would put this down as a mistake, but last week I got a news letter filled with offers that expired in February 2015.

I am expecting to received an email with my log in details for Freeserve dial-up any day.

1. Ask
  2. Server
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Server
10 Comments

I had this a few weeks ago for an item I received in august last year. I had to look up the tracking ref to see what it was it was that long ago.

they might be duplicates of emails you have recieved before, i have had that before.

Original Poster

catbeans

they might be duplicates of emails you have recieved before, i have had … they might be duplicates of emails you have recieved before, i have had that before.

The 2015 one certainly wasnt, I only used the company for the first time in January, and this was only the 2nd offers news letter I have received from them.

This is how their systems work. Just a glitch, or poor design. Nothing to worry about

Gentle_Giant

The 2015 one certainly wasnt, I only used the company for the first time … The 2015 one certainly wasnt, I only used the company for the first time in January, and this was only the 2nd offers news letter I have received from them.

​That may have been on the company's end if you only signed up in January. Might have been an old email they sent in error?

I've had this happen when I have subscribed to a folder in my email reader which I wasn't subscribed to before. how are you accessing your google emails and have you changed something ?

The Matrix has started to fold back into itself! Doooommm!

I got 2 last week from ebay about a best offer.

Original Poster

jonnithomas

I've had this happen when I have subscribed to a folder in my email … I've had this happen when I have subscribed to a folder in my email reader which I wasn't subscribed to before. how are you accessing your google emails and have you changed something ?

All my webmail accounts get forwarded to a private email address, that runs through MailWasher before I read it.

I have been doing it this way for about 10 years and never had an issue before - except Gmail occasionally deciding that any email service other than Gmail isnt secure and forcing me to box tick to keep using a different system.

Gentle_Giant

All my webmail accounts get forwarded to a private email address, that … All my webmail accounts get forwarded to a private email address, that runs through MailWasher before I read it.I have been doing it this way for about 10 years and never had an issue before - except Gmail occasionally deciding that any email service other than Gmail isnt secure and forcing me to box tick to keep using a different system.

hmmm, I don't know why then. very odd.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition56529
    2. Free money and competition entry @ Circle56
    3. Free flights to Europe712
    4. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)44

See more discussions