Go "full screen" on Sony Bravia TV?!

Found 22nd Jul 2016
Hi everyone,

I've just figured out how to access the browser on my Sony Bravia TV, only took me a year...

I've managed to access a site that shows videos etc etc and clicked full screen, but I can't figure out how to remove the address bar, options social media buttons (to the right) and website header. See pic in comment 1.

Any advise would be much appreciated!
Community Updates
22 Comments
Original Poster
http://i.imgur.com/WN5OONq.jpg
If you scroll down does the player have a fullscreen icon in the bottom right?
Original Poster
M0nk3h

If you scroll down does the player have a fullscreen icon in the bottom … If you scroll down does the player have a fullscreen icon in the bottom right?

The above is the image after I've pressed the icon to maximise the window.

As far as I can see, there is no way of scrolling up or down, so I believe it may have "full screened" already.

I can scroll up and down a little prior to hitting the icon for full screen, but it doesn't affect the outcome I'm afraid.
Have you got the instructions? And I'm not being funny, if not they are probably available online,
theres probably a option within the browser setting like hide address bar..
Whats your model number? Just checking if Android or just smart?
Original Poster
westy125

Have you got the instructions? And I'm not being funny, if not they are … Have you got the instructions? And I'm not being funny, if not they are probably available online,

I've checked the manual hard copy and, not being funny, but it doesn't exactly give you instructions how to use streaming sites.

centurion01

theres probably a option within the browser setting like hide address … theres probably a option within the browser setting like hide address bar..

Had a check of the settings whilst in the browser but nothing about auto-hide browser or anything, thanks for the suggestion though.

cecilmcroberts

It's the Sony Bravia KDL65W955BBU and while I don't know much, I'm confident it's smart, but not android.
westy125

Have you got the instructions? And I'm not being funny, if not they are … Have you got the instructions? And I'm not being funny, if not they are probably available online,

centurion01

theres probably a option within the browser setting like hide address … theres probably a option within the browser setting like hide address bar..

cecilmcroberts

Yeah not android. Check firstly that it is on the latest firmware version. Instructions below on how to check along with the firmware update.

KDL65W955B Series UK Sony Firmware

does the TV sideview app work on your TV like on my Sony android ?
if so connect to the TV then switch to mouse pad and try double clicking on the video that sometimes works.
Original Poster
westy125

Have you got the instructions? And I'm not being funny, if not they … Have you got the instructions? And I'm not being funny, if not they are probably available online,

centurion01

cecilmcroberts

stefromuk

does the TV sideview app work on your TV like on my Sony android ?if so … does the TV sideview app work on your TV like on my Sony android ?if so connect to the TV then switch to mouse pad and try double clicking on the video that sometimes works.

That's an idea mate, I'll give that a go whether it helps this or not! Cheers!

Sorry, I'm not sure what that means so I'll have a look into it!
westy125

centurion01

cecilmcroberts

​Search online, usually if you have the issue then someone else already had it, have you thought if your steaming then perhaps it's coming through at that screen size, don't know about yours but I can change the size in TV settings and also in my media box settings too,
Original Poster
westy125

centurion01

cecilmcroberts

Me asking on here IS searching online!

No, in all seriousness I have looked, and I'm not sure if it's my limited (but not poor) technical knowledge or not but I can't find a solution.

In all honesty, the show I'm watching is distractingly good anyway!
JusticeForThe96

Me asking on here IS searching online! :DNo, in all seriousness I have … Me asking on here IS searching online! :DNo, in all seriousness I have looked, and I'm not sure if it's my limited (but not poor) technical knowledge or not but I can't find a solution.In all honesty, the show I'm watching is distractingly good anyway!

​Hope you sort it out soon
Do you have this downloaded on your phone for easy access? sony.co.uk/sup…55B ?
Original Poster
sazzopardi1971

Do you have this downloaded on your phone for easy access? … Do you have this downloaded on your phone for easy access? http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/KDL-65W955B ?

I was not aware of that, thank you!

"Removal of Skype support" warning on there... Never ever used it but was about to in August, typical! Haha
We've got a Sony bravia smart tv too but have the same issue can't do full screen when on the browser. To be honest it's really user unfriendly. If you figure it out please do update this thread.
I have a Sony Bravia KDL-32CX523. Whenever I want to use Facebook or surf the net, the texts are tiny, and I do not know how to make it bigger.
Original Poster
adhkarzf

We've got a Sony bravia smart tv too but have the same issue can't do … We've got a Sony bravia smart tv too but have the same issue can't do full screen when on the browser. To be honest it's really user unfriendly. If you figure it out please do update this thread.

sazzopardi1971

I have a Sony Bravia KDL-32CX523. Whenever I want to use Facebook or surf … I have a Sony Bravia KDL-32CX523. Whenever I want to use Facebook or surf the net, the texts are tiny, and I do not know how to make it bigger.

Just been in at my next door neighbours, they've got a 4K LG telly and I did exactly the same process and it went full screen in a flash, so frustrating!

Edited by: "JusticeForThe96" 24th Jul 2016
adhkarzf

We've got a Sony bravia smart tv too but have the same issue can't do … We've got a Sony bravia smart tv too but have the same issue can't do full screen when on the browser. To be honest it's really user unfriendly. If you figure it out please do update this thread.

sazzopardi1971

I have a Sony Bravia KDL-32CX523. Whenever I want to use Facebook or surf … I have a Sony Bravia KDL-32CX523. Whenever I want to use Facebook or surf the net, the texts are tiny, and I do not know how to make it bigger.

​Lol yes my brother has an lg and it's so easy to use, Sony need to go a long way in my opinion.

With the Sony you have to wait a while before you can change channels with the lg it's instant not to mention they have all the normal catch up channels whereas Sony only have bbc iplayer or 5od
Original Poster
I've given up on this now folks, tried my best.

My solution is to access the site containing the shows (mobilevids. org) on my iPad and use AirPlay to my Apple TV. Full screen perfect,

Makes the browser on the 65" £950 Sony Bravia telly pointless. Cheers Sony!
I have a 65XBR85D with the opera browser. I stream some content from the browser. To remove the banner
click on the O
Click settings
C always show menu bar to off.
The browser bar can be activated by sliding the pointer to the top of the screen.
I don't normally get involved with threads but Ahighrec - you were spot on. Fixed it perfectly. Thankyou! Just want every one else who goes on here to know that this works so please try.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants