Go pro recommendations

Posted 18th Jan
It’s my boyfriends 30th this year and we’re going to Florida. I want to get a go pro but I have no idea what to buy.

Any advice?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

4 Comments
Have the pro plus.. done a good job at discovery cove.. might be worth waiting though.. have a look on Best Buy and make sure it’s not better to buy over there.. just add 6.5% for sales tax..

If you are not going near water then just a decent phone is enough for Florida as have took go pro twice now and not used it other than water parks.. even got a stabiliser for my phone and couldn’t find a decent time to use it.

Remember Disney and some other parks banned extended poles as well.
I bought GoPro 8 Black at the end of last year, but was very disappointed with number of issues this action cam suffers from, so I returned it and got my money back.

I ended up buying DJI Osmo Action cam and I love it. It’s amazing and doesn’t have any of the GoPro problems.

Have a look on YouTube. There’s lots of videos with GoPro users complaining about camera freezing, not responding, etc. Once it freezes you have to pull the battery out and that’s when you lose your footage.

if you need an action cam with image stabilization (I wouldn’t het one without it these days) then you’re looking at GoPro BLACK edition or DJI Osmo Action. If you want something cheaper then go for GoPro Silver which I think it’s still more expensive than DJI camera
Have a look at the OLFI range of cameras - good quality and much cheaper than GoPro
I'd recommend a GoPro that you can remove the battery from it (due to lock ups).
I'm currently on my second 7 Black, due to it draining power even when it's switched off.
The replacement, which I've had for a few days, also drains power from the battery.
So I'll be sending that back as well.

The 6 Black, which I bought refurbed from eBay is excellent, but lacks the TimeWarp feature.

I definitely don't recommend any of those cheap action cameras priced at sub £200.
The quality is garbage.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants