GOALLLLLLLLLLLLL

Found 3rd Jul
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
deleted13154373rd Jul

Well done indeed. Still went to penalties however against worthy …Well done indeed. Still went to penalties however against worthy competition

Worthy?

I'm sorry but the tactics employed by the Columbian team and coaching staff were disgusting - on a par with the vile behaviour of the Iranian team and coaching staff.

It's difficult to see anything worthy in a bunch of devious cheats.

I thank God they're gone from the tournament, and I only hope and pray the biggest cheat of them all follows them - the whimpering yelp Naymer - a sorry excuse for a human being indeed.
Such a dirty and nasty team, Columbia were so poor especially in the first half... this young England team showed true grit this evening.
Take that you dirty drug smuggling bunch of cheating counts
Edited by: "Derek_Horatio_Shatwell" 3rd Jul
We can win this.
55 Comments
don't speak too soon .....
Did you expire this when they equalised???
Thanks op for cursing us.
My fault went loo, other team always score when I do that.
ENGLAND!!!!!

Had to be Henderson who missed...
Edited by: "jamie015" 3rd Jul
jamie0152 m ago

ENGLAND!!!!!Had to be Henderson who missed...

Exactly
Oh it must of glitchd and expired damn well done England
deleted1315437
Well done indeed. Still went to penalties however against worthy competition
I think england could have done better!!
It's shocking how they could have lost with Columbia, if it wasn't for the 1st penalty.
Nice try boys but carry on like this you won't go through
Take that you dirty drug smuggling bunch of cheating counts
Edited by: "Derek_Horatio_Shatwell" 3rd Jul
Such a dirty and nasty team, Columbia were so poor especially in the first half... this young England team showed true grit this evening.
QF was the expectation. They reached it. For me anything is now a bonus. I have to say that, don't think I can go through that again...and again...and again...
We can win this.
The reality is that England made hard work of something that was easier.

Columbia were an average team and we allowed them to play too much.

Sterling did better but it's yet another game without a strike.

Lingard was useless.

Our front line on the whole wasn't really in the game when it came to the last 18 yards.

Gave the ball away from strong positions way too many times.

But I'll take it right now.

Last 10 results against Sweden, including friendlies.

Sweden 4-2 England (2012 friendly)
Sweden 2-3 England (Euro 2012)
England 1-0 Sweden (2011 friendly)
Sweden 2-2 England (World Cup 2006)
Sweden 1-0 England (2004 friendly)
England 1-1 Sweden (World Cup 2002)
England 1-1 Sweden (2001 friendly)
England 0-0 Sweden (Euro 2000 qualifier)
Sweden 2-1 England (Euro 2000 qualifier)
England 3-3 Sweden (1995 friendly)

I'll bet that Ibrahimovic will be wishing that he had pushed for a place.
Hendo gets too much stick. I actually like him and I'm a manu fan.

But yeah.. Pickford saved his bacon. Having said that, his Pen wasn't even bad.

As for the game, I think we totally dominated the game first 20 mins. And majority of the game had it under control for 80 mins. Last 10 mins was truly awful though, including the first half of ET. Someone seemed to of reset them to default or something.

Finally a pen win though. Its been a long while.

Don't get too happy though. England don't play well against Sweden. So many draws. Pretty even contest normally. Definitely need to score a couple goals early.
Edited by: "J4GG4" 3rd Jul
deleted13154373rd Jul

Well done indeed. Still went to penalties however against worthy …Well done indeed. Still went to penalties however against worthy competition

Worthy?

I'm sorry but the tactics employed by the Columbian team and coaching staff were disgusting - on a par with the vile behaviour of the Iranian team and coaching staff.

It's difficult to see anything worthy in a bunch of devious cheats.

I thank God they're gone from the tournament, and I only hope and pray the biggest cheat of them all follows them - the whimpering yelp Naymer - a sorry excuse for a human being indeed.
caverncity1 h, 46 m ago

My fault went loo, other team always score when I do that.

Next time, Do us all a favour.

Just cry "Mummy I had an accident".
Misslovely1 h, 13 m ago

I think england could have done better!!It's shocking how they could have …I think england could have done better!!It's shocking how they could have lost with Columbia, if it wasn't for the 1st penalty. Nice try boys but carry on like this you won't go through

Love your optimism.
deeky57 m ago

We can win this.

A realist
.MUFC.9 m ago

A realist

I'm not kidding though. Sweden and Croatia/Russia are all beatable. I know we could lose against anyone (Iceland?) but I'd rather be playing those than Germany or Spain. A one-off game against France or Brazil can go any way. We've beaten good teams before. I honestly think the spirit and heart this team is showing could take us all the way.
Misslovely1 h, 26 m ago

I think england could have done better!!It's shocking how they could have …I think england could have done better!!It's shocking how they could have lost with Columbia, if it wasn't for the 1st penalty. Nice try boys but carry on like this you won't go through

Yes, they could have done better, but they're still moulding together, and if they can keep this run going they're going to get better and better.

And, whilst I've no intention of losing the plot, I think the fact that we know they're improving and have a lot more to offer means we've got something to look forward to.
Let's just hope and pray they get the time they need keep moulding together.
Pendersave's penalty wasn't actually a bad effort, The keeper guessed the right way. He couldn't have done much better really.

I was pleased to see Rashford put his away because had we lost it'd be another United lad getting the stick. Just think of Beckham, Rooney and Ronaldo. They had targets printed in our very own media.

Having that shootout will do Englands confidence a world of good. Imagine we make the final and manage to drag Brazil to a shootout. We'll have a little more confidence.

Overall we were the better team, They were very dirty and should have been down to 10 men so on this occasion justice has been served.

We have a great chance to beat Sweden, I'd rank Columbia as better than Sweden. Russia or Croatia would be very tricky but we've got to get there first.
deeky5 m ago

I'm not kidding though. Sweden and Croatia/Russia are all beatable. I know …I'm not kidding though. Sweden and Croatia/Russia are all beatable. I know we could lose against anyone (Iceland?) but I'd rather be playing those than Germany or Spain. A one-off game against France or Brazil can go any way. We've beaten good teams before. I honestly think the spirit and heart this team is showing could take us all the way.

Steady, Deeky, steady.

At this point I'm just going to say, they appear to be on the right track. One game at a time.
tryn2help44 s ago

Steady, Deeky, steady. At this point I'm just going to say, they …Steady, Deeky, steady. At this point I'm just going to say, they appear to be on the right track. One game at a time.

Meh. Killjoy
deleted1315437
tryn2help23 m ago

Worthy? I'm sorry but the tactics employed by the Columbian team and …Worthy? I'm sorry but the tactics employed by the Columbian team and coaching staff were disgusting - on a par with the vile behaviour of the Iranian team and coaching staff.It's difficult to see anything worthy in a bunch of devious cheats.I thank God they're gone from the tournament, and I only hope and pray the biggest cheat of them all follows them - the whimpering yelp Naymer - a sorry excuse for a human being indeed.

But then again. If you really think about it. Being truthful any team playing against England is a big threat.
deeky9 h, 15 m ago

I'm not kidding though. Sweden and Croatia/Russia are all beatable. I know …I'm not kidding though. Sweden and Croatia/Russia are all beatable. I know we could lose against anyone (Iceland?) but I'd rather be playing those than Germany or Spain. A one-off game against France or Brazil can go any way. We've beaten good teams before. I honestly think the spirit and heart this team is showing could take us all the way.

Since Spain got knocked out I've been fairly confident that we'll make the final. I felt Spain would have been too good for us. I also felt that Colombia would be a tough opponent probably tougher than Sweden and Russia. I think Russia will be tough to score against but I think England have the players that can run at them. Croatia were extremely lucky v Denmark, Didn't watch there group games though to judge them but they were poor in that match and I would rank England above them. Anything can happen though. We'll see.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 4th Jul
.MUFC.12 m ago

Pendersave's penalty wasn't actually a bad effort, The keeper guessed the …Pendersave's penalty wasn't actually a bad effort, The keeper guessed the right way. He couldn't have done much better really.I was pleased to see Rashford put his away because had we lost it'd be another United lad getting the stick. Just think of Beckham, Rooney and Ronaldo. They had targets printed in our very own media.Having that shootout will do Englands confidence a world of good. Imagine we make the final and manage to drag Brazil to a shootout. We'll have a little more confidence. Overall we were the better team, They were very dirty and should have been down to 10 men so on this occasion justice has been served.We have a great chance to beat Sweden, I'd rank Columbia as better than Sweden. Russia or Croatia would be very tricky but we've got to get there first.

To tell the truth, I left the house after Columbia equalised.
I was so upset that such a shower of disgusting cheats were allowed anything, would have been a travesty if they had won, couldn't bear to watch.
tryn2help5 m ago

To tell the truth, I left the house after Columbia equalised. I was so …To tell the truth, I left the house after Columbia equalised. I was so upset that such a shower of disgusting cheats were allowed anything, would have been a travesty if they had won, couldn't bear to watch.

I have felt that the biggest threat to England would be in the final 10 minutes. At set plays they just seem to switch off. They also made the mistake of putting England's smallest player on the line. A taller defender could have got his head on it to clear it or loop it over etc.. We have to live and learn. They were dreadful, Something about South American teams. They're all theatrical drama queens unless they're headbutting or bitting people.
deleted13154373rd Jul

But then again. If you really think about it. Being truthful any team …But then again. If you really think about it. Being truthful any team playing against England is a big threat.

In the world cup, any team is a threat for everyone.
England generally do very good in qualifying. Its the actual tournament games that really could go either way in most encounters.

Example Germany, Argentina, Portugal...etc. All expected to progress but failed.
I'm not sure why people are writing Croatia off. I've watched every World Cup game, and they in particular have impressed me with their playing. The groups games were very interesting, and if you never got a chance to watch them - do so.

This was their 2-0 win over Nigeria... bbc.co.uk/spo…185
This wasn't their best performance. They got lucky with the 1st goal, the 2nd was a penalty after Nigeria literally took him down a la Kane, except with a decent referee.
This was their 3-0 win over Argentina... bbc.co.uk/spo…114
This was an amazing game, and all three goals especially the first two were outstanding.
This was their 2-1 win over Iceland... bbc.co.uk/spo…256
Iceland managed to equalise with a penalty, but again they've been strong contenders since the start.

Aside from the last match against Denmark which was poor by both teams, I truly believe they'll reach the finals. But that would of course mean it's either us or them, providing them beat Russia. I'm telling you... unless something strange happens, or we suddenly get our shizzle together, they're going far in this tournament.
.MUFC.6 h, 0 m ago

Since Spain got knocked out I've been fairly confident that we'll make the …Since Spain got knocked out I've been fairly confident that we'll make the final. I felt Spain would have been too good for us. I also felt that Columbia would be a tough opponent probably tougher than Sweden and Russia. I think Russia will be tough to score against but I think England have the players that can run at them. Croatia were extremely lucky v Denmark, Didn't watch there group games though to judge them but they were poor in that match and I would rank England above them. Anything can happen though. We'll see.

Croatia were by far the best team in group games so let's hope Russia get a result
It’s coming home !!!
SamuraiHQ7 h, 28 m ago

I'm not sure why people are writing Croatia off. I've watched every World …I'm not sure why people are writing Croatia off. I've watched every World Cup game, and they in particular have impressed me with their playing. The groups games were very interesting, and if you never got a chance to watch them - do so.This was their 2-0 win over Nigeria... https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44422185This wasn't their best performance. They got lucky with the 1st goal, the 2nd was a penalty after Nigeria literally took him down a la Kane, except with a decent referee.This was their 3-0 win over Argentina... https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44439114This was an amazing game, and all three goals especially the first two were outstanding.This was their 2-1 win over Iceland... https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44439256Iceland managed to equalise with a penalty, but again they've been strong contenders since the start.Aside from the last match against Denmark which was poor by both teams, I truly believe they'll reach the finals. But that would of course mean it's either us or them, providing them beat Russia. I'm telling you... unless something strange happens, or we suddenly get our shizzle together, they're going far in this tournament.

I wouldn't write anybody off at this stage, Anything is possible.
Love Southgates suit!34236359-OI4eI.jpg
.MUFC.10 h, 42 m ago

Pendersave's penalty wasn't actually a bad effort, The keeper guessed the …Pendersave's penalty wasn't actually a bad effort, The keeper guessed the right way. He couldn't have done much better really.I was pleased to see Rashford put his away because had we lost it'd be another United lad getting the stick. Just think of Beckham, Rooney and Ronaldo. They had targets printed in our very own media.Having that shootout will do Englands confidence a world of good. Imagine we make the final and manage to drag Brazil to a shootout. We'll have a little more confidence. Overall we were the better team, They were very dirty and should have been down to 10 men so on this occasion justice has been served.We have a great chance to beat Sweden, I'd rank Columbia as better than Sweden. Russia or Croatia would be very tricky but we've got to get there first.

saw where hendersons penalty was going, very obvious - i bet he was even chanting where as he was running up
commentator said no disguise either

was only one real trick penalty where he went opposite from where strongly suggested by the run up (the slow one) and the others were too neutral to tell easily
Can someone explain to me why sterling is first pick to start? I assume he must be bringing something to the game that others don't but I can't see it at all ...
When is the next match?, last night was sheer motoring nirvana, the roads were so quiet and the teh local restaurant that you usually have to book for was quiet so got sat immediately.
delusion17 m ago

Can someone explain to me why sterling is first pick to start? I assume he …Can someone explain to me why sterling is first pick to start? I assume he must be bringing something to the game that others don't but I can't see it at all ...

The most positive thing I can say about sterling is that he brings pace without direction. Pace isn’t effective without direction, his pace is more effective when playing one twos. But he can’t pass and his finishing is poor. Maybe it’s based on stats, bagging 18 PL goals as a winger for City and the only other players available as a striker were Rashford (7 PL goals) and Vardy (20)
delusion21 m ago

Can someone explain to me why sterling is first pick to start? I assume he …Can someone explain to me why sterling is first pick to start? I assume he must be bringing something to the game that others don't but I can't see it at all ...

Maybe he is good at getting penalties..

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants