Groups

God of War 3

is it able to run in 1080p, Im sure when I read the reviews when it came out it stated that it was the best high def game released so far so thought it would be running in 1080p. Mine is running in 720 and dont wana be missing out!

21 Comments

Banned

didnt think any games run in 1080p

Original Poster

csiman

didnt think any games run in 1080p

oh right, I just assumed when I read in the article that it was in "glorious" high def that it would be running at 1080p

so is the highest def games run at 720 then?

Original Poster

fanpages

FYI: Official list of native 1080p PS3 games. Is there one?[ … FYI: Official list of native 1080p PS3 games. Is there one?[ http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Lounge/Official-list-of-native-1080p-PS3-games-Is-there-one/m-p/40187329 ]BFN,fp.

So there isnt one? Seems like they can be upscaled to 1080p, how do you do that on your settings?

No, there isn't an official list; but it is not correct to say that every game isn't capable of native 1080p.

Did you look at the first of the two links in the address I provided?

BFN,

fp.

Looks like PSN & XBLA is the future of true hi-def gaming. lol

It tells you on the back of the box, 'HD 720p/1080i', so no it's not 1080p. Still no less lush looking though.
    Edited by: "leefal" 19th Oct 2010

Original Poster

leefal

It tells you on the back of the box, 'HD 720p/1080i', so no it's not … It tells you on the back of the box, 'HD 720p/1080i', so no it's not 1080p. Still no less lush looking though.

I didn't have the box, only the disc from lovefilm

mine is coming up on 720, wana see how it looks on 1080i, how do i do this?

roryk83

I didn't have the box, only the disc from lovefilmmine is coming up on … I didn't have the box, only the disc from lovefilmmine is coming up on 720, wana see how it looks on 1080i, how do i do this?

As far as i know if your TV supports it and you have it set to 1080p then it will run each game at it's optimal setting automatically. That's what mine does.

Banned

roryk83

I didn't have the box, only the disc from lovefilmmine is coming up on … I didn't have the box, only the disc from lovefilmmine is coming up on 720, wana see how it looks on 1080i, how do i do this?

manuals.playstation.net/doc…tml

There are only a few games that are native 1080p. But for games that are less, they should be upscaled and the graphics will still be good.
    For example Uncharted 2 has the best graphics i've seen on a game, yet it's not native 1080p. So it doesn't matter too much.

Does the game have any sort of recap of the story from the previous games? This is one of the few games I would consider buying for my PS3 but as I never played any of the previous games i'd be going into it with zero knowledge of the back story.

Ungreat

Does the game have any sort of recap of the story from the previous … Does the game have any sort of recap of the story from the previous games? This is one of the few games I would consider buying for my PS3 but as I never played any of the previous games i'd be going into it with zero knowledge of the back story.

No it doesn't.....but the glossed up double pack of the original 2 are still good to play.

Syzable

No it doesn't.....but the glossed up double pack of the original 2 are … No it doesn't.....but the glossed up double pack of the original 2 are still good to play.

Do they stand up well on the PS3?

Ungreat

Do they stand up well on the PS3?

I think so.....graphically, although they've had a HD gloss on them they are still not brilliant but the Gameplay is.

Syzable

I think so.....graphically, although they've had a HD gloss on them they … I think so.....graphically, although they've had a HD gloss on them they are still not brilliant but the Gameplay is.

Bit worried i'd be bloody sick of that type of game by the time I got around to 3. Don't know whether to invest the time and patience in completing the first two or just watch one of the recap videos on youtube.

Recap is a good idea actually as i see your point. They are very similar.

Original Poster

Ungreat

Bit worried i'd be bloody sick of that type of game by the time I got … Bit worried i'd be bloody sick of that type of game by the time I got around to 3. Don't know whether to invest the time and patience in completing the first two or just watch one of the recap videos on youtube.

gameplay is very repetitive, watch the recap and enjoy the third, it will take you forever to get through all 3

Decided to watch the recap videos.

Watched this to get a quick rundown of what happened so far (serious spoilers) and i'm now watching the cutscenes to get more of an idea of Kratos as a character.

Game is awesome, if you played through 1 and 2 you will find it quite challanging, I'm halfway through 2.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1623
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767391
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2490
      4. Asda having major issues with deliveries today22

See more discussions