God of War for less than £15? Can the deal be legit?

Found 4th May
My mate found a deal on ebay from a guy with 100+ positive feedback. Sounds too good to be true. I bought the game for full price yesterday and will be gutted if it turns out to be legit. Maybe he robbed a lorry or works at Argos and sneaked box full of games out. Dunno but the price is mental

I tried submitting it as a deal but it wasn't approved by an admin. Also tried posting here with a link and they they removed it too. Anyhow just trying to find out if things like that happened in the past?
Community Updates
AskGod Of War
6 Comments
Obvious scam, you shouldn't need to ask.

The seller has no feedback as a seller, only buyer. Zero history of selling in the past but now they have multiple copies of a brand new release that they can make a profit on selling at a fraction of the price?

It's like the people who buy a ps4 pro for £80 and wonder why nothing turns up.

It's either a hijacked account or someone using eBay as a wonga type service.

Short answer - no.
Original Poster
Richard_Richard15 m ago

Obvious scam, you shouldn't need to ask.The seller has no feedback as a …Obvious scam, you shouldn't need to ask.The seller has no feedback as a seller, only buyer. Zero history of selling in the past but now they have multiple copies of a brand new release that they can make a profit on selling at a fraction of the price?It's like the people who buy a ps4 pro for £80 and wonder why nothing turns up.It's either a hijacked account or someone using eBay as a wonga type service.Short answer - no.

If I didn't need to ask I wouldn't ask, thank you very much. I'm not a gullible idiot. No need to be patronising. Your "Short answer - no" is exactly to which one of my questions? Because I did elaborate on my initial point or you didn't bother to read?
I was thinking more along lines of someone knowingly trying to quickly push a illegally aquired items but isn't very smart about it. Dunno. I can see the hijacked account point of view. For me it'd be shame to have my ebay account closed/suspended with a 100+ feedback if I was a genuine buyer/seller.
michaelfedora10 m ago

If I didn't need to ask I wouldn't ask, thank you very much. I'm not a …If I didn't need to ask I wouldn't ask, thank you very much. I'm not a gullible idiot. No need to be patronising. Your "Short answer - no" is exactly to which one of my questions? Because I did elaborate on my initial point or you didn't bother to read?I was thinking more along lines of someone knowingly trying to quickly push a illegally aquired items but isn't very smart about it. Dunno. I can see the hijacked account point of view. For me it'd be shame to have my ebay account closed/suspended with a 100+ feedback if I was a genuine buyer/seller.

Short answer no is the answer to can this be legit from the title of your post.

People think they have found the deal of the century every day, but no, it's just another scammer.

Apologies for my abrupt manner if it caused offence, I like to get to the point with matters like these as people will get suckered in

A) they can always claim a refund later

B) they think a deal is legit

I've seen people destroy their feedback for similar, usually consoles but yes it happens. Or very likely someone responded to a phishing email, happens all the time.

Ah and the last point regarding stolen - possible but it'd be much safer to shift them on local selling sites, how long would it take to set up a dummy Facebook account for selling and get added to groups?
Edited by: "Richard_Richard" 4th May
If you mean the auction that is offering "...Limited Version, Promotional Version" you may get a disc with a Demostration/Trial version or the full product but with no cover artwork/inserts; just in a clear jewel case.

Write to the eBay member to confirm the item(s) for sale.
Yes this happens all the time. Hacked accounts
This happens quite often on eBay, you'll get your money back but it may take a few weeks till you do.
Edited by: "paulj48" 4th May
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants