Gogglebox's Leon Bernicoff dies aged 83

Found 23rd Dec 2017
Sad times

I'm not a massive fan of the show, but everytime I have watched it, this guy always stood out with his mannersims and sense of humour

2863128-Wfsel.jpg
Channel 4 have said...

"It is with a heavy heart that we announce the sad news that after a short illness Gogglebox's Leon Bernicoff passed away in hospital earlier today.

"Leon and his wife June were the first members of the public to be cast for Gogglebox back in early 2013, and they soon grew to become much-loved voices during the course of the show's 10 series to date.

"Leon's unique personality and sharp wit endeared him to fans of the show, as he contributed fully to Gogglebox's reputation as a programme full of warm humour and unvarnished opinion.

To those of us that knew him personally, Leon was a man of unwavering principles who exerted a distinct paternal presence both on and off screen. He will be dearly missed by the entire Gogglebox family; cast and crew."
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Graham19791 h, 20 m ago

Part of a generation that beat the snowflakes hands down. A generation …Part of a generation that beat the snowflakes hands down. A generation where you worked BEFORE you bought things and not had endless credit, depression, social anxiety and the rest of the freaks that we currently entertain in society. The generation that didn't make excuses for the junkies, unemployable benefit social justice warriors, everyone with an excuse as to why THEY should be exempt from a day at work.His generation beleived in you worked, you earned or you went hungry.

Again with the snowflake rubbish.
You are by far the biggest snowflake on this site. . . . .
No idea why you keep bringing it up, even in a thread like this.
Disgusting.

His death is a big loss, seemed like a great guy. My thoughts are with his Wife.
Edited by: "teh.arn" 23rd Dec 2017
Graham19791 h, 22 m ago

Oh wait here comes the righteous indignation.He was the best person on the …Oh wait here comes the righteous indignation.He was the best person on the show by far. A generation that is dying out replaced with pansies.

graham, you were born in 1979.

hardly during the days of hardship, eh?
28 Comments
deleted265520
Haven't watched Gogglebox for some time now. It got worse when they gave less air time to Leon & his wife and Sandy & Sandra.

I liked this guy. He hated the Tories with a passion and had a few funny one liners.
Awwww he was a funny no nonsense guy
Seen that one coming. Bless.. Miss him..
Graham197913 m ago

Part of a generation that beat the snowflakes hands down. A generation …Part of a generation that beat the snowflakes hands down. A generation where you worked BEFORE you bought things and not had endless credit, depression, social anxiety and the rest of the freaks that we currently entertain in society. The generation that didn't make excuses for the junkies, unemployable benefit social justice warriors, everyone with an excuse as to why THEY should be exempt from a day at work.His generation beleived in you worked, you earned or you went hungry.

More than likely had a TV licence, too.
That's sad, he was a nice guy to watch. I feel bad for June. No time is a good time for that to happen, but Christmas will be hard.
Graham19791 h, 20 m ago

Again with the snowflake rubbish.
You are by far the biggest snowflake on this site. . . . .
No idea why you keep bringing it up, even in a thread like this.
Disgusting.

His death is a big loss, seemed like a great guy. My thoughts are with his Wife.
Edited by: "teh.arn" 23rd Dec 2017
RIP Leon - you done good sir.

June will probably be nagging him to have waited until after Christmas in between the tears and cups of tea but hopefully he didn't suffer during his short illness
teh.arn22 m ago

Again with the snowflake rubbish.You are by far the biggest snowflake on …Again with the snowflake rubbish.You are by far the biggest snowflake on this site. . . . . No idea why you keep bringing it up, even in a thread like this.Disgusting.His death is a big loss, seemed like a great guy. My thoughts are with his Wife.

Oh wait here comes the righteous indignation.

He was the best person on the show by far. A generation that is dying out replaced with pansies.
Graham19791 h, 15 m ago

Oh wait here comes the righteous indignation.He was the best person on the …Oh wait here comes the righteous indignation.He was the best person on the show by far. A generation that is dying out replaced with pansies.

in your opinion... maybe show respect and stop being so confrontational? keep your thoughts and name calling to yourself... I know it's hard now school is over but you'll be back in a couple week.
Graham19791 h, 22 m ago

graham, you were born in 1979.

hardly during the days of hardship, eh?
Rip leon, poor june and the kids for this to happen at this time of year. Made me laugh so many times with his tongue and cheek ways.
Loved watching Leon and June, very sad times. RIP Leon, true Gogglebox Legend
RIP Leon always liked him on gogglebox
really saddened to read this news this evening. he seemed like one of the good'uns, straight talker, funny guy . rip lovely leon.
Leon and June have been the shining lights of the show for many years now - and I loved to watch the sniippets of them especially when Leon was being his cheeky self. It's such a shame for all the fellow viewers but especially to his family and friends , in particular at this time of year. As viewers we ' get to know ' people on tv (or we think we do) - and enjoy welcoming them into our houses via the box in the corner. You were a devilish delight Leon and we will all miss you. Best wishes to Joan and the family xx
Snakeyes6465 h, 33 m ago

in your opinion... maybe show respect and stop being so confrontational? …in your opinion... maybe show respect and stop being so confrontational? keep your thoughts and name calling to yourself... I know it's hard now school is over but you'll be back in a couple week.

If he stopped name calling what would he have left?
teh.arn8 h, 2 m ago

What are you talking about?You bring up something unrelated in a thread …What are you talking about?You bring up something unrelated in a thread about his death and expect no one to comment on it?You are easily the biggest snowflake on this site, I imagine the reason you keep mentioning it in every thread is probably because you're a little insecure. . . . .

It was a homage to a great generation almost gone. Snowflakes had the snow knocked out of them. Best person on the show by a mile.
bryanhaines3991 h, 16 m ago

If he stopped name calling what would he have left?

More deals posted than you?
craigstephens9 h, 37 m ago

More than likely had a TV licence, too.

Ha, his generation only had two channels and the BBC was worth watching.
Graham197941 m ago

More deals posted than you?

I'm sure you're about to explain how the number of deals you've posted justifies using name calling instead of logic.
deleted265520
Is Graham really using this man's death to fuel his agenda?

Absolutely despicable.
For someone who was only 21 at the turn of the century he has a strange obsession with ridiculing the mellenials despite not being far off one himself.

Leon was a true working class Labour man who was also a scouser.
He would've been on board with Tony Benn, Dennis Skinner, Jeremy Corbyn and John McDonald. The very people Graham ridicules on a daily basis.

Has there even been a bigger waste of space on these forums?
Graham19798 h, 30 m ago

It was a homage to a great generation almost gone. Snowflakes had the snow …It was a homage to a great generation almost gone. Snowflakes had the snow knocked out of them. Best person on the show by a mile.

Graham, you are the biggest snowflake on this site by far.

The fact that you would use the death of this person as a platform is disgusting, only scum would do that.

95% of your comments are either complaining about how things were better in the good old days, the BBC of insulting other people for no reason.
DT8924th Dec 2017

Is Graham really using this man's death to fuel his agenda?

Remind me, who was the first in the thread to bring up politics?
God rest his soul, I liked that cheeky chappy.

Hope June is surrounded by family and friends.
DT8924th Dec 2017

Is Graham really using this man's death to fuel his agenda?Absolutely …Is Graham really using this man's death to fuel his agenda?Absolutely despicable.For someone who was only 21 at the turn of the century he has a strange obsession with ridiculing the mellenials despite not being far off one himself.Leon was a true working class Labour man who was also a scouser. He would've been on board with Tony Benn, Dennis Skinner, Jeremy Corbyn and John McDonald. The very people Graham ridicules on a daily basis.Has there even been a bigger waste of space on these forums?

I think you should take a very long hard look into the mirror Mr Tovey.
Rip Leon.
deleted265520
shadey1234 m ago

I think you should take a very long hard look into the mirror Mr Tovey.Rip …I think you should take a very long hard look into the mirror Mr Tovey.Rip Leon.

Nice tattoo.
Edited by: "deleted265520" 24th Dec 2017
deleted265520
Rubisco1 h, 20 m ago

Remind me, who was the first in the thread to bring up politics?

Graham. Snowflake was made a political phrase by Generation UKIP on here.
DT8924th Dec 2017

Graham. Snowflake was made a political phrase by Generation UKIP on here.

I thought it was from Fight Club.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions