Groups

Going Bristol in 4 days..

Banned
    Going to Bristol in 4 days for my birthday for 3 nights with my girlfriend.
    Is there anything i should definitely do whilst there?

Any replies appreciated

15 Comments

Have a look on this site OP.
    visitbristol.co.uk/

I was impressed with the Clifton Suspension Bridge but beware if you don't like heights !!

Banned

depends on what you have in mind .. give us a clue.. shopping . sight seeing etc :-D

Original Poster Banned

shopping cos itll be the sales.
    Then as its my bday on the 27th(the day were going), something nice to do at night.
    Cheers

Original Poster Banned

thinking about it..
    As im having one night in Cheltenham, going to try and get in Le Champignon Sauvage

Banned

jizzm;1377275

shopping cos itll be the sales.Then as its my bday on the 27th(the day … shopping cos itll be the sales.Then as its my bday on the 27th(the day were going), something nice to do at night.Cheers

ok
    just a quick reply as I am off out but I live about 44 miles from the City and due to work I see it in a differnet light than actually living there.
    Cribbs Causeway ..shopping aka ( the Mall ) large shopping complex on 2 floors, loads of run of the mill stores ideal to have a look round and indoors so if the weather is pap your ok, my view... average to say the least.
    Broadmeads .. City Centre area , indoor and out doors shopping , again loads of stores my view , I prefer it to the Mall.
    Park Street.. walking distance from Broadmeads, now I like it some unusual shops and clothes shops too.. my view.. Park street then Broadmeads.. get your OH to wear sensible shoes!!!! lots of walking.
    Some other places to go
    Bath ... yes visit shopping good, culture yes.. My view a must do !!! again your OH wear sensible shoes
    Nights out Corn St in Bristol very good ..
    The rest.. Taunton ..shopping **** avoid..
    Glastonbury/Wells .. yeah man man yeah get your weed ..
    :santa: tourism info supplied free from the dog

Original Poster Banned

dog_cop;1377598

ok just a quick reply as I am off out but I live about 44 miles from the … ok just a quick reply as I am off out but I live about 44 miles from the City and due to work I see it in a differnet light than actually living there.Cribbs Causeway ..shopping aka ( the Mall ) large shopping complex on 2 floors, loads of run of the mill stores ideal to have a look round and indoors so if the weather is pap your ok, my view... average to say the least.Broadmeads .. City Centre area , indoor and out doors shopping , again loads of stores my view , I prefer it to the Mall. Park Street.. walking distance from Broadmeads, now I like it some unusual shops and clothes shops too.. my view.. Park street then Broadmeads.. get your OH to wear sensible shoes!!!! lots of walking.Some other places to go Bath ... yes visit shopping good, culture yes.. My view a must do !!! again your OH wear sensible shoes Nights out Corn St in Bristol very good .. The rest.. Taunton ..shopping **** avoid.. Glastonbury/Wells .. yeah man man yeah get your weed .. :santa: tourism info supplied free from the dog

Cheers for the info :).

Original Poster Banned

anymore?

Banned

jizzm;1378285

anymore?

what boy you want MORE:giggle:

Original Poster Banned

dog_cop;1378297

what boy you want MORE:giggle:

what other things could i do?
    I know of SS great britain visited it as a kid, enjoyed it.
    is there an open ice rink in the outside?

jizzm;1378324

is there an open ice rink in the outside?

There's probably one at the zoo.

jizzm;1378324

what other things could i do?I know of SS great britain visited it as a … what other things could i do?I know of SS great britain visited it as a kid, enjoyed it.is there an open ice rink in the outside?

Theres a ring at "The Mall" and at the bristol zoo although the zoo has been VERY busy lately.
    While your in the centre you could take a walk up brandon hill. Its basicly a tall tower that you can walk up and see the whole of bristol. I agree with the dog about park street there is some very nice shops along their and some great places to get a bite to eat ( Theres a place that make the best Omelettes ever called "the all in one" there gert lush)

termite;1378333

There's probably one at the zoo.

Aww you got there before me with that one:thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

ryancs;1378346

Theres a ring at "The Mall" and at the bristol zoo although the zoo has … Theres a ring at "The Mall" and at the bristol zoo although the zoo has been VERY busy lately.While your in the centre you could take a walk up brandon hill. Its basicly a tall tower that you can walk up and see the whole of bristol. I agree with the dog about park street there is some very nice shops along their and some great places to get a bite to eat ( Theres a place that make the best Omelettes ever called "the all in one" there gert lush)

cheers mate

Cheers, sounds good.
    Any good places to have a nice meal.. as its going to be my birthday.
    Nothing cheap, not stupidly expensive but you know what i mean..

I would recommend "The Cottage" for a good old english meal and its a lovely pub. Its overlooking the harbour and you can get a cheap ride on the ferry from the centre to get there. Theres a wetherspoons at the top of Park Street for good old cheap grub. Again there is lots of variety on Park street food wise so its just a case of taking your pick.

Original Poster Banned

ryancs;1378383

I would recommend "The Cottage" for a good old english meal and its a … I would recommend "The Cottage" for a good old english meal and its a lovely pub. Its overlooking the harbour and you can get a cheap ride on the ferry from the centre to get there. Theres a wetherspoons at the top of Park Street for good old cheap grub. Again there is lots of variety on Park street food wise so its just a case of taking your pick.

Thanks again, ill have a mooch about and see when im there.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …285997
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread416814130
      3. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523460
      4. What is there free to do in your town?611

See more discussions