Groups

Going for a CT Scan today - i can't stop myself from thinking the worst....

A few weeks ago i went to see the consultant regarding an inflammed gall bladder, he sent me off for an ultrasound scan and an MRI scan, the MRI scan showed that i now have Gallstones and would need it removed, but my Ultrasound scan showed that i have a 5cm shadow on my liver. I only went last week for the results and was told i would need a CT scan on my liver, i got the appointment through a few days later and have the CT scan today. Im really worried and thinking the worst....

29 Comments

stay positive not point wasting energy worrying unless you know you have something to worry about, easier said than done i know. chin up and best of luck xx

Stay positive today and try not to let nerves get to you as hard as that may be. It is probably nothing and if it is at least they have found it and can start to make you better rather than it just going unnoticed!

All the best to you....try and relax a bit and let us know how you get on

Original Poster

dmissy13;4209614

stay positive not point wasting energy worrying unless you know you have … stay positive not point wasting energy worrying unless you know you have something to worry about, easier said than done i know. chin up and best of luck xx

Thanks xx

Original Poster

munnski;4209619

Stay positive today and try not to let nerves get to you as hard as that … Stay positive today and try not to let nerves get to you as hard as that may be. It is probably nothing and if it is at least they have found it and can start to make you better rather than it just going unnoticed!All the best to you....try and relax a bit and let us know how you get on

Thanks xx

It is natural to worry over these things, but what a relief when told everything is ok!

Good luck and stay positive. Most of the time it's not as bad as first thought or it's cureable.

Wishing you all the luck in the world... xx

Aww, fingers crossed for u hun, I know wot waiting for something like this is like and I really feel for you. Hope all goes ok sweet x x

Hope all goes well for you today xx

Hope it goes well for you:thumbsup:

Of course it is good to stay positive and hope for the best, but it's also important not to block out the worst case scenario. Rather than worry about it, turn it into a positive and start making plans for what you'll do if you get the worst news.

As I'm sure you know, the most effective way to fight an illness is by fighting it hard - and to do that you need to be very practical as well as very positive and determined, and that requires strength and courage. It also means gathering knowledge about it, understanding the possibilities, and planning how to fight it and/or cope with it.

Of course I hope the news is good, but hope doesn't go as far as action! Rather than wish you luck, I'd like to wish you courage and strength, and a positive attitude to prepare you to deal with all the possible outcomes.

So get in there and have the scan and come out fighting! If it turns out to be a false alarm, you can harness all that positive energy you've gathered and use it for something else -- :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Predikuesi;4209665

It is natural to worry over these things, but what a relief when told … It is natural to worry over these things, but what a relief when told everything is ok!

I really do hope so x

Original Poster

Trickyjabs;4209852

Good luck and stay positive. Most of the time it's not as bad as first … Good luck and stay positive. Most of the time it's not as bad as first thought or it's cureable.

xx

Original Poster

hannah19790;4209945

Aww, fingers crossed for u hun, I know wot waiting for something like … Aww, fingers crossed for u hun, I know wot waiting for something like this is like and I really feel for you. Hope all goes ok sweet x x

thanks xx

Original Poster

snowtiger;4209981

Hope all goes well for you today xx

thanks xx

Original Poster

Liddle ol' me;4210097

Of course it is good to stay positive and hope for the best, but it's … Of course it is good to stay positive and hope for the best, but it's also important not to block out the worst case scenario. Rather than worry about it, turn it into a positive and start making plans for what you'll do if you get the worst news. As I'm sure you know, the most effective way to fight an illness is by fighting it hard - and to do that you need to be very practical as well as very positive and determined, and that requires strength and courage. It also means gathering knowledge about it, understanding the possibilities, and planning how to fight it and/or cope with it. Of course I hope the news is good, but hope doesn't go as far as action! Rather than wish you luck, I'd like to wish you courage and strength, and a positive attitude to prepare you to deal with all the possible outcomes. So get in there and have the scan and come out fighting! If it turns out to be a false alarm, you can harness all that positive energy you've gathered and use it for something else -- :thumbsup:

Thank you, i really mean that xx what great advice xx

keep your chin up!! you will be fine im sure!!

Banned

At least if there is anything wrong, it'll be found.

A friend of mine has had exactly the same scans as you and sadly it's not good news. But the fact remains that at least she now knows about it and can fight it. Hopefully they've caught it in time. Liddle's advice is spot on, don't fret so much about it and harness your energy into fighting it. If they don't find anything at least you know you've got a clean bill of health in that area.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

Liddle ol' me;4210097

Of course it is good to stay positive and hope for the best, but it's … Of course it is good to stay positive and hope for the best, but it's also important not to block out the worst case scenario. Rather than worry about it, turn it into a positive and start making plans for what you'll do if you get the worst news. As I'm sure you know, the most effective way to fight an illness is by fighting it hard - and to do that you need to be very practical as well as very positive and determined, and that requires strength and courage. It also means gathering knowledge about it, understanding the possibilities, and planning how to fight it and/or cope with it. Of course I hope the news is good, but hope doesn't go as far as action! Rather than wish you luck, I'd like to wish you courage and strength, and a positive attitude to prepare you to deal with all the possible outcomes. So get in there and have the scan and come out fighting! If it turns out to be a false alarm, you can harness all that positive energy you've gathered and use it for something else -- :thumbsup:

Excellent advice Liddle :thumbsup:

Hope all goes well.

good luck - probably scan over now hope it went well for you X

All the very best and I hope that your worries are unfounded.

All the very best :thumbsup:

hope all is well,good luck x x

I hope you have had good news.
    Whatever the case the you and the medical team will now have a fuller picture if more action is required.
    Best wishes

Banned

good luck, hope everythings ok

My thoughts are with you. Hope you have good news x x

Original Poster

I would just like to say that you to all of you.....i just have to wait now for the results, could take two weeks. I scan wasn't too bad really, the litre of aniseed i had to drink first was awful, and i wasn't keen when a canula had to be fitted, i wasn't aware i would be getting one of those. But all done, thanks again for your help and support, it really helped me get through yesterday.

you seem happier with it now the worst is over let us know how you get on have everything crossed for you
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764171
      2. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2955
      3. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 891819
      4. Sad news about Barcelona24112

See more discussions