Groups

Going for an Indian later ...... but.......

What is the least fattening option on the menu.....normally have a chicken tikka mushroom balti with a garlic and corriander naan but im thinking of being good tonight.

How about chicken tikka main? Without the sauce etc...

Ideas anyone?

Ta

26 Comments

Its good, but its not right! I ordered a korma!!

Have salad instead :w00t:

[email protected] fattening in an Indian takeaway...lol

tikka main,no sauce is good,see if they do a grilled veg kebab as well something like that

Jalfrezi is your best bet.

Well, no, your best bet is a salad, but of a bad lot..

Original Poster

dean3988;4942386

Its good, but its not right! I ordered a korma!!

Your not the full ticket ........ :thumbsup:

Banned

I had chicken tikka the other night, i prefer it to the currys, mind the popadums and onion relish went down nice too

No just enjoy what you like. Don't drink shed loads of beer with it and don't eat too late. Enjoy.

What's the point being good on a night out for a meal? Go out, enjoy yourself, stop worrying about which meal might be marginally fattier or less fatty than the other. Eat a salad in the morning to absolve yourself if you must. Otherwise, just dig in and enjoy.

I'm hungry now onion bhajis mmm

Original Poster

sassie;4942424

I had chicken tikka the other night, i prefer it to the currys, mind the … I had chicken tikka the other night, i prefer it to the currys, mind the popadums and onion relish went down nice too

Yeah we all usually have the full works but trying to be healthy and all that crap .........

Has anyone ever had masalla fish? Never had it myself but the mother in law does and loves it.

I'm about to make a Chicken Tikka, I think that probably the worst one to have for being fattening. Why don't you ask at the restaurant? People must ask that all the time, I'm sure they would advise you

mixed grill starter is nice just indian flavoured meats may have fat but is a good fat and lots of protein too.

Banned

GAVINLEWISHUKD;4942441

No just enjoy what you like. Don't drink shed loads of beer with it and … No just enjoy what you like. Don't drink shed loads of beer with it and don't eat too late. Enjoy.

dxx;4942443

What's the point being good on a night out for a meal? Go out, enjoy … What's the point being good on a night out for a meal? Go out, enjoy yourself, stop worrying about which meal might be marginally fattier or less fatty than the other. Eat a salad in the morning to absolve yourself if you must. Otherwise, just dig in and enjoy.

yep, agree with the above :thumbsup:

ts9658;4942452

I'm about to make a Chicken Tikka, I think that probably the worst one … I'm about to make a Chicken Tikka, I think that probably the worst one to have for being fattening. Why don't you ask at the restaurant? People must ask that all the time, I'm sure they would advise you

I think they meant just pieces of chicken NOT in a sauce like masala which is very fattening as it has cream in it.

Original Poster

deb8z;4942502

I think they meant just pieces of chicken NOT in a sauce like masala … I think they meant just pieces of chicken NOT in a sauce like masala which is very fattening as it has cream in it.

+1

Just the pieces of chicken tikka with the salad etc....... yum yum ...

Banned

go for it smithy, you can always buy the bigger size dresses hun x

Original Poster

sassie;4942523

go for it smithy, you can always buy the bigger size dresses hun x

:w00t::w00t::w00t: ;-)

I like chicken shashlik (although can't spell it, lol) but it's basically chicken pieces with peppers (that I chuck away...) and they've been cooked in spices on one of those sizzling dish things but absolutely no sauce at all, so a lot less fatty than ordering a dish that comes in a sauce.

have something with plenty colourings and addatives.
    Goes straight through you.
    Do not pass go, do not collect 200lbs.

Original Poster

Charlie&Lola;4942554

I like chicken shashlik (although can't spell it, lol) but it's basically … I like chicken shashlik (although can't spell it, lol) but it's basically chicken pieces with peppers (that I chuck away...) and they've been cooked in spices on one of those sizzling dish things but absolutely no sauce at all, so a lot less fatty than ordering a dish that comes in a sauce.

Had them a few times, really nice and not too much sauce ...... :thumbsup:

dregan;4942405

Jalfrezi is your best bet.Well, no, your best bet is a salad, but of a … Jalfrezi is your best bet.Well, no, your best bet is a salad, but of a bad lot..

+5

Banned

curry really isnt a food to be eating while watching your weight

Original Poster

casparwhite;4942717

curry really isnt a food to be eating while watching your weight

They don't just sell 'curry' in indians you know........... :roll:

Never have a real curry anyway.....too boring.

Pfft, go out and enjoy yourself.
    worry about calories when you have a bit more control over what goes into the food
    I recommend a lamb pathia, discovered it the other week, sweet and sour with a little bit of a kick. yum yum!

Just have the curry blow out- just make sure you work it of later:p

Original Poster

In the end i had a sizzling Lamb Thawa, half boiled rice and half a garlic naan.......mmmmmmmmm

It was delicious !!!!!

Thanks for the input everybody :-)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1421
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2471
      3. What's up with people creating accounts just to ask for UNiDAYS codes?34
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767385

See more discussions