Going Marrakesh soon - Can you guys recommend a sim card to get ?

Posted 5th Jan
Hi guys i plan to go Marrakesh soon. i will be there for 10 days.
Can you guys suggest a pay as you go sim card that will have data on it. I will prob need at least 3 -4gb..

Thanks Alot
Community Updates
Buying From Abroad

Groups

14 Comments
Upon arrival at their airport, you'll get some girls approach you with free Sims with some basic data & calls. You can then upgrade the package at any of their stalls/kiosks/ships in the city. Very easy and vendors everywhere.

Ok, the girls were easy on the eye & very persuasive
Edited by: "Gollywood" 5th Jan
You will get given an Inwi sim card in the airport. I'd advis you stay away from them as signal isn't that great
MonkeyMan9005/01/2020 23:42

You will get given an Inwi sim card in the airport. I'd advis you stay …You will get given an Inwi sim card in the airport. I'd advis you stay away from them as signal isn't that great

oh thanks any sim provider you suggest?
Gollywood05/01/2020 22:39

Upon arrival at their airport, you'll get some girls approach you with …Upon arrival at their airport, you'll get some girls approach you with free Sims with some basic data & calls. You can then upgrade the package at any of their stalls/kiosks/ships in the city. Very easy and vendors everywhere.Ok, the girls were easy on the eye & very persuasive

Can you send him any of the 50 you got on your last visit?
Aside from the sim card, be wary not to take pictures or try taking them discretely as the folks do not like it, especially the snake charmers if you don't want to pay them as they can get aggressive it happened to me! and try not to get ripped off with the taxis if you plan to take one.

If you have a female with you the locals may just bog and try to sell you some 'plants' if you know what i mean!
You will love Marrakesh. Take any of the sims, if you are staying in Marrakesh. If going further from Marrakesh then Maroc.
Gps does work in souks but very difficult to navigate. Remember the way you entered. Happy to answer any questions!
Have a great trip
Try the snails in the square as well as the local pudding and drink(don't remember what they are called), they're amazing.
punji06/01/2020 14:03

Aside from the sim card, be wary not to take pictures or try taking them …Aside from the sim card, be wary not to take pictures or try taking them discretely as the folks do not like it, especially the snake charmers if you don't want to pay them as they can get aggressive it happened to me! and try not to get ripped off with the taxis if you plan to take one. If you have a female with you the locals may just bog and try to sell you some 'plants' if you know what i mean!

Good advice about the photography - attempting to take pictures of market stalls, snake charmers, monkeys and their handlers etc will result in aggro...unless you are willing to pay for the privilige of taking that photo. Even if you try to take one on the sly, someone is watching you! Everything has a price.
MonkeyMan9005/01/2020 23:42

You will get given an Inwi sim card in the airport. I'd advis you stay …You will get given an Inwi sim card in the airport. I'd advis you stay away from them as signal isn't that great

We used INWI without any issues at all with calls or data
I didn't bother. Used google maps offline and hotel/restaurants wifi
punji06/01/2020 14:03

Aside from the sim card, be wary not to take pictures or try taking them …Aside from the sim card, be wary not to take pictures or try taking them discretely as the folks do not like it, especially the snake charmers if you don't want to pay them as they can get aggressive it happened to me! and try not to get ripped off with the taxis if you plan to take one. If you have a female with you the locals may just bog and try to sell you some 'plants' if you know what i mean!

I hated Marrakesh for this reason, everywhere there was a monkey or snake charmer they wanted money even some cheeky midget who came up to me, shook my hand and said “now give me money”.
samosa06/01/2020 23:35

I hated Marrakesh for this reason, everywhere there was a monkey or snake …I hated Marrakesh for this reason, everywhere there was a monkey or snake charmer they wanted money even some cheeky midget who came up to me, shook my hand and said “now give me money”.

lol i guess thats why Agadir is better more modern less hassle..beach is awesome
Edited by: "optimus_prime2" 7th Jan
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions