Groups

Going on holiday passport questions

my friend is going on holiday on wendnesday to spain, he passport only has a month left before it expires, will they let him go, because ive heard somewere that it has to be 6months in date or something like that

thanks

25 Comments

afraid it has to be at lest 6 months left on passport

I have heard that to, that you need atleast 6 months on your passport incase you were to run into difficulty etc i.e. detained if your passport expires during that time you wil not be entitled to the right you would get as a uk passport holder....not sure how correct this info is to be honest.

If you're travelling to spain i think you will be okay, as it's part of the eu we only have to take our passports as a form of id because the uk does'nt have id cards like other eu countries.

h4roon;1399259

If you're travelling to spain i think you will be okay, as it's part of … If you're travelling to spain i think you will be okay, as it's part of the eu we only have to take our passports as a form of id because the uk does'nt have id cards like other eu countries.

Exactly what I was going to say :thumbsup:

Make sure your friend has completed the compulsory Advance Passenger Information details that the Spanish authorties require on arrival

Banned

where about in spain harvie, certain spanish islands do not come under the EU

From lastminute:

Passports
    Passport valid for at least three months beyond length of stay required by all except:
    (a) 1. EU/EEA nationals (EU + Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway) and Swiss nationals holding a valid national ID card.
    Note: EU and EEA nationals are only required to produce evidence of their EU/EEA nationality and identity in order to be admitted to any EU/EEA Member State. This evidence can take the form of a valid national passport or national identity card. Either is acceptable. Possession of a return ticket, any length of validity on their document, sufficient funds for the length of their proposed visit should not be imposed.
    (b) nationals of Andorra and Monaco holding a valid national ID card.

So they should be fine

Original Poster

Thanks for all the help guys, hes going to Barcalona fo a few days.

repped all!

harvie316;1399375

Thanks for all the help guys, hes going to Barcalona fo a few days.repped … Thanks for all the help guys, hes going to Barcalona fo a few days.repped all!

Dude, why didn't you say rep was going at the start?

Barcelona is not the capital of Spain like most*people think, Rep me up baby.

[SIZE="1"]*Most people was in actual fact a random selection of 2 year olds that have no concept of Spain let alone capital cities.[/SIZE]

Original Poster

thesaint;1399394

Dude, why didn't you say rep was going at the start?Barcelona is not the … Dude, why didn't you say rep was going at the start?Barcelona is not the capital of Spain like most*people think, Rep me up baby. [SIZE="1"]*Most people was in actual fact a random selection of 2 year olds that have no concept of Spain let alone capital cities.[/SIZE]

say I rule and ill thnk about it lol

Banned

gawd there is some on here so desperate to be popular:whistling:

harvie316;1399423

say I rule and ill thnk about it lol

that'd be rep begging, and I would never do that. ;-)

sassie;1399434

gawd there is some on here so desperate to be popular:whistling:

I need my exsistence validated, or is that violated? You choose.

Tell your mate to have a great holiday, harvie rules, rep my way please

Original Poster

odriscoll;1399464

Tell your mate to have a great holiday, harvie rules, rep my way please

you see Saint, thats thats what i like about odriscoll, he has no morals or values, and thats why i going to rep him

Thats right dude no morals OR values

harvie316;1399501

you see Saint, thats thats what i like about odriscoll, he has no morals … you see Saint, thats thats what i like about odriscoll, he has no morals or values, and thats why i going to rep him

I just can't do it, I know pride comes before a fall and all that.

I bet odriscoll could watch a film in front of his mum and sit through the "Love making" scene without getting up and leaving the room to make a cup of tea.

How about me going to a thread of yours and giving it a little(And boy do I mean a little) heat? :santa:

Original Poster

thesaint;1399533

I just can't do it, I know pride comes before a fall and all that.I bet … I just can't do it, I know pride comes before a fall and all that.I bet odriscoll could watch a film in front of his mum and sit through the "Love making" scene without getting up and leaving the room to make a cup of tea. :)How about me going to a thread of yours and giving it a little(And boy do I mean a little) heat? :santa:

you know what you have to do, lose your morals and values, and you will get rep :roll:
    lol

I bet i couldnt

Your friend will be fine to travel....

I work in travel and have know people to travel to spain on an out of date passport.... Tell them to have a fab time...and wrap up :thumbsup: HTH

harvie316;1399555

you know what you have to do, lose your morals and values, and you will … you know what you have to do, lose your morals and values, and you will get rep :roll:lol

I'm going to feel dirtier than a sweaty Christina Aguileira in a mud bath after this...

harvie you are the... Noooo I can't do it. :cry:

odriscoll;1399560

I bet i couldnt

Come on, you know it, and I know it. ;-)

The worst thing is, your mum knows why that cushion is on your lap. :oops:

Original Poster

Im dissapointed in you

Banned

just pretend you know what your on about, you get rep then without asking:p

harvie316;1400217

Im dissapointed in you

Mum? Is that you? :thinking:

sassie;1400222

just pretend you know what your on about, you get rep then without … just pretend you know what your on about, you get rep then without asking:p

What, like the 1st reply in this thread? :whistling:

emasu;1399295

Make sure your friend has completed the compulsory Advance Passenger … Make sure your friend has completed the compulsory Advance Passenger Information details that the Spanish authorties require on arrival

That is done at check-in, no need to do it before.;-)

bellows;1399251

afraid it has to be at lest 6 months left on passport

Not in the EU, yes if you are going to Turkey and a few other places.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?32166
      2. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1329
      3. word association Game72744170
      4. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892630

See more discussions