Going Paris next week, need advice/help!

I'm going to Paris next week with my fam on holiday. Even though i'm looking forward to it, it has presented me with two problems.

1) I'm going to miss the united vs bayern game. I could go watch it in a pub/bar but this game happens to fall on the same day as the lyon vs bordeaux match so i doubt any place would put the united game on over the french derby. luckily the hotel we are staying at has wifi, so i am going to take my netbook to try and stream it or listen to it via the radio. however when i tried to view something through justin.tv it was very choppy and unwatchable. will upgrading the ram help? im running ubunutu netbook remix! any advice on how to catch the game would be great!

2) I'm taking my blackberry with me and called o2. I was told i can buy 20mb of internet for £20. all i would really use is msn and bbm on there. Would that be enough? are there any apps where I can track my usage?

any help with either of these would be helpful! thanks!

12 Comments

5Live on bbc.co.uk if you want Radio.
And depending on your hotel, you may have Sky TV in your bedroom.

Original Poster

sufchenko;8262809

5Live on bbc.co.uk if you want Radio.And depending on your hotel, you may … 5Live on bbc.co.uk if you want Radio.And depending on your hotel, you may have Sky TV in your bedroom.

im hoping we have sky. would i be able to listen to bbc radio though while in france or would i get a message saying i cant because im abroad? thanks

Upgrading ram won't make any difference. Its down to your broadband speed.

I wouldn't bother watching/listening anyway unless you want to spoil your trip :-D

Original Poster

RickT;8262867

Jat_rYou owe me … Jat_rYou owe me one.........http://www.allomatch.com/watch-live-game-pub/france/football/premier-league-manchester-united-chelsea-03-04-2010.htmlThis is the home page..http://www.allomatch.com/en/I would suggest you get there early and ask still...Rick

thanks alot mate, added rep! the united barca game is there too. just need to find somewhere close to my hotel to go watch it at! thanks alot mate. owe u big time!

Original Poster

deek72;8262888

Upgrading ram won't make any difference. Its down to your broadband … Upgrading ram won't make any difference. Its down to your broadband speed.I wouldn't bother watching/listening anyway unless you want to spoil your trip :-D

berba will score a hat trick and i will be dance in france! yes yes! looks like im going to be on the go trying to find one of these places!

jat_r;8262916

berba will score a hat trick and i will be dance in france! yes yes! … berba will score a hat trick and i will be dance in france! yes yes! looks like im going to be on the go trying to find one of these places!

Rooney has more chance of scoring than Berbasloth, oh wait................:-D

jat_r;8262901

thanks alot mate, added rep! the united barca game is there too. just … thanks alot mate, added rep! the united barca game is there too. just need to find somewhere close to my hotel to go watch it at! thanks alot mate. owe u big time!

no problem... I used it around 12 months ago and it was correct.. best plan is to call into the pub in the morning and confirm though... but it gives you an idea of places to try

is it paris city you are going to or disney? theres a sports bar in disney village shows EVERYTHING on different screens if thats your location.directly opposite starbucks

Original Poster

staying on the outskirts of paris, 20mins away from disney land and 20mins from the town! i will persuade fam to spend the evening wherever the match is on lol thanks for the replies

jat_r;8263379

staying on the outskirts of paris, 20mins away from disney land and … staying on the outskirts of paris, 20mins away from disney land and 20mins from the town! i will persuade fam to spend the evening wherever the match is on lol thanks for the replies

lol-take em to disney m8 if its the same distance-that way everyone is happy-park will be open late for easter hols-you can spend the day in the park with the kids,leave em with the missus for a coupla hours-one minute walk to the sports bar-job done! as you come out the theme park,enter the village,walk past annettes diner on your left and theres the sports bar.

don't go - it's full of french people! lol
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764309
    2. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism11
    3. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63219
    4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917266

See more discussions