Groups

going through a red light?

what is the black thing on top of the traffic light? theres no yellow box camera in sight.

13 Comments

Original Poster

is the black thing ontop of the traffic lights a camera or a sensor or something? theres no flash.

red lights only apply when outside of London.

It's a sensor, Tells lights someone waiting.

I thought it was a camera? as not all have them but i thought most would have sensors.

Dont they tend to be on pedestrian traffic lights, and they sense to see if someone is on the crossing, and if cars are waiting.

The small box on top of traffic lights is for checking what cars are waiting or passing by, red light cameras are separate and quite distinctive.

John

its a sensor with an ADSL connection, pinpoints the amount of traffic waiting in a certain direction then sends a phone signal to a mainframe that changes the lights depending, but youll find a lot of them are useless because the lights are controlled by phone pulses on timers.

gambe1984

its a sensor with an ADSL connection, pinpoints the amount of traffic … its a sensor with an ADSL connection, pinpoints the amount of traffic waiting in a certain direction then sends a phone signal to a mainframe that changes the lights depending, but youll find a lot of them are useless because the lights are controlled by phone pulses on timers.

Wow. Can you be in my pub quiz team?

It's a camera, photographs any one going through red light - instant ban for a year

Original Poster

any1 for definate?

cw9652

Wow. Can you be in my pub quiz team?

i was impressed as well.

JamesSmith

It's a camera, photographs any one going through red light - instant ban … It's a camera, photographs any one going through red light - instant ban for a year

and a slap on ur bum bums!

It's a little microwave. The birds use it in the winter to cook their worms.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Whoop! Next Sale VIP Slots have been released77
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767121
      3. TechInTheBasket?47
      4. word association Game73844443

See more discussions