Groups

Going to Isle of Man

Hi,
    Anyone got any good tips for going to Isle of Man? Theres 4 of us going just for a weekend break in august wheres the best area to stay for the pubs and bars etc

I know we are looking at douglas, but which end/where abouts should we stay never been before.

Any advice would be great many thanks!

8 Comments

Banned

Douglas is a good central point and IOM is a gorgeous island.

A couple of member's live there that come on this forum.

Enjoy yourself.

Original Poster

Yeah thanks, it looks great, we will be walking/mountain biking enjoying the scenary in the day, hitting the bars and pubs by night hopefully.

just need to know wheres 'central' to the main town/where it all happens (if thats the right description!) really?

Banned

richard0000;8603621

Yeah thanks, it looks great, we will be walking/mountain biking enjoying … Yeah thanks, it looks great, we will be walking/mountain biking enjoying the scenary in the day, hitting the bars and pubs by night hopefully.just need to know wheres 'central' to the main town/where it all happens (if thats the right description!) really?

It is a small island.

Anywhere in Douglas will be fine.

Original Poster

DLM;8603643

It is a small island.Anywhere in Douglas will be fine.

I thought so, but just to make sure thanks!

Anyone been recently, can anyone recommend a decent standard guesthouse/B&B with decent prices?

Go to Castletown - I can recommend a load of places to eat/drink/stay & it's gorgeous

Steam train to/from Douglas as well !

Original Poster

ChrisUK;8603715

Go to Castletown - I can recommend a load of places to eat/drink/stay & … Go to Castletown - I can recommend a load of places to eat/drink/stay & it's gorgeous :)Steam train to/from Douglas as well !

Please recommend them then if you have time cheers!

Banks coffee shop is a must. Food is fantastic (lunch), coffee is fab & they can recommend where to go.

The Garrison is also excellent for a good meal out (Tapas) & the food is superb.

The Union, Ship Inn & Glue Pot are a laugh (pubs) - they are all mad over there & everyone is friendly enough

I rent a cottage out when I go over, I think its about £60 a night (same price as the B&B's).

Also, Easy Jet are starting to fly out over there, not sure how soon it starts though, so flight prices are also coming down to £50-£60 return

Enjoy !

Original Poster

cheers repped
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851339
      2. Lets hope that there are as few injuries as possible - Parson's Green40210
      3. EasyJet flights for summer 2018 (up until 2nd Sept 2018) will be released o…11
      4. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?109

See more discussions