Groups
    EXPIRED

Going to Kenya and need malaria pills

I need to get some malaria pills. 50 of them. They are called Malarone. The cheapest I can find them is on Chemistdirect for 112.50. Jolly expensive. Does anyone know of anywhere I can get them cheaper???? Please?

7 Comments

god thats expensive, cant you could get a injection to protect you from malaria?
    just found this hope it helps : ) emoware.org/buy…asp
    and this emoware.org/buy…asp £42
    and they also seem expensive
    im sure the doctor could prescribe stuff like this far cheaper

you should take anti malaria tabs 12 - 14 days before going to place and then about 10 -12 days after returning also continue with them whilst there , im sure gp can prescribe you if you ask them

singer

singer;4846406

you should take anti malaria tabs 12 - 14 days before going to place and … you should take anti malaria tabs 12 - 14 days before going to place and then about 10 -12 days after returning also continue with them whilst there , im sure gp can prescribe you if you ask them singer

I got mine from my gp when i went dom rep the other yr?
    surely a better shout that paying all that ££?

Original Poster

Bluearmy01;4846426

I got mine from my gp when i went dom rep the other yr? surely a better … I got mine from my gp when i went dom rep the other yr? surely a better shout that paying all that ££?

Thanks all. He wont give me an NHS script as he says they cost too much so I have a private one. I am not amused. Will try the site suggested though. Thankyou. You never let me down!!!

For moderate risk areas the combination avloclor(Chloroquine) + Proguanil would suffice i should think m8 , sure they can be got from boots at about 12 pounds or so

singer

As an NHS Hospital Dr, I can advise that the NHS doesnt pay for malaria prevention ( I have no idea why). If you have been given a private script yoyu need to shop around- I have done this for friends- you need to call all the local chemists asking for a quote- the cheapest was the chemist at asda!!! you are literally shopping for the same stuff!

Original Poster

drdanielmacdonald;4847682

As an NHS Hospital Dr, I can advise that the NHS doesnt pay for malaria … As an NHS Hospital Dr, I can advise that the NHS doesnt pay for malaria prevention ( I have no idea why). If you have been given a private script yoyu need to shop around- I have done this for friends- you need to call all the local chemists asking for a quote- the cheapest was the chemist at asda!!! you are literally shopping for the same stuff!

Thankyou. I have tried a couple of places but on your advice will ring local pharmacies in the morning. I appreciate your help!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2121
      2. Tv choice magazine Issue 3977
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1414
      4. Win a Free minion usb stick22

See more discussions