Groups

Going to look at a nice shiny new car today

How excited am i it's shopping for a new car could be
    1 BMW 5 series
    2 Merc C class
    3 Audi A6

What do you think is better and why?

20 Comments

Purely on my personal taste (not re-sale value)

1. Audi A6 - Better on build quality and comfort. Go for a diesel.
    2. BMW 5 Series - If you are gonna get one get the 530d or 535d
    3. Merc C Class (apparently these are made in SA and are not as good build quality as the E class which is still buily in Germany)

Whatever one you get, please let me be the first to say, you lucky g.i.t! You buying outright, or getting it on 'the never never?'

BMW 520d because of road tax and emission plus fuel economy. Has to be at least a 57 plate I think.

Original Poster

Foxy102;4383328

Purely on my personal taste (not re-sale value)1. Audi A6 - Better on … Purely on my personal taste (not re-sale value)1. Audi A6 - Better on build quality and comfort. Go for a diesel.2. BMW 5 Series - If you are gonna get one get the 530d or 535d3. Merc C Class (apparently these are made in SA and are not as good build quality as the E class which is still buily in Germany)Whatever one you get, please let me be the first to say, you lucky g.i.t! You buying outright, or getting it on 'the never never?'

Thanks for that, I must admit the Audi is looking like the one it's an outright purchase used against tax as i travel thousands of miles each year and i buy new every two years!
    The 3.0 TDI with all the toys is for me:)

Original Poster

Bluerinse;4383334

BMW 520d because of road tax and emission plus fuel economy. Has to be at … BMW 520d because of road tax and emission plus fuel economy. Has to be at least a 57 plate I think.

Yes could also be this but the Audi is more exclusive i think? But thanks anyway:thumbsup:

personnally i would go for the audi great build quality and looks great too, would you go for the saloon or avant version? i think the saloon is ace if you don't need the extra boot space.http://www.whatcar.com/Car/Audi/A6/61088359513.jpg

Original Poster

badgerrules;4383340

personnally i would go for the audi great build quality and looks great … personnally i would go for the audi great build quality and looks great too, would you go for the saloon or avant version? i think the saloon is ace if you don't need the extra boot space.

The saloon is the better looking i think as well and that's the one for me:thumbsup:
    Rep all round ta!

What about the skoda superb awsome piece of kit!!
    Get more for your money coz its basically an audi but alot better!!
    Gets best reviews from all your cars listed

I have the audi a6 avant, I love it! I dont think anything else drives like an Audi does,

Audi A6

audi with out a doubt

My bro got A6, great car. Floors it

Don't buy an Audi, once upon a time all of the cocks bought BMW. But Audis were better cars, now all of the cocks have started reading reviews from 5 years ago and are buying Audis. If you don't want to be classed as a cock buy the BMW...................................................................

..................................or the Skoda!!!!

40k merc here guys.

Yeah the one you got from model zone, BG1

E60 bmw would be my choice. I'm hunting the auctions for a good used one myself. Have you test drove your choices?

I recommend you try the 535d (twin turbo) M Sport.

jtx;4384521

E60 bmw would be my choice. I'm hunting the auctions for a good used one … E60 bmw would be my choice. I'm hunting the auctions for a good used one myself. Have you test drove your choices?I recommend you try the 535d (twin turbo) M Sport.

I agree, the BMW 535d is a beast! and gives a comfy ride too. My dad used to have one, its very,, very good!!!! :thumbsup:

Banned

Audi.

Don't get a Merc - common as muck..

pugw$sh;4384374

Don't buy an Audi, once upon a time all of the cocks bought BMW. But … Don't buy an Audi, once upon a time all of the cocks bought BMW. But Audis were better cars, now all of the cocks have started reading reviews from 5 years ago and are buying Audis. If you don't want to be classed as a cock buy the BMW...................................................................Substitue the word audi for merc[QUOTE=black gerbil1;4384430]40k merc here guys.

nissan 350z

audi a6.... BECAUSE

..BMW interior is so BOOOOOOOOOORING!
    ..merc c-classs sucks...why u looking at 5 series and a6 and instead of e or s class looking at a c.... c class is so standard..if u wanna get merc though get a CLK....its fab... i know someone is saying s50z but thats 2 seater..the merc clk is a comfortable 4 seater....and a good looking car....
    anyways....go for the audi..although it does have a lil less prestige value x
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Find out how good your GP surgery is55
      2. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio711
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…6541246
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917259

See more discussions