Going to San Diego in October thinking of looking for a job there and staying a while

4 replies
Found 14th Mar 2009
Would I need a Visa or some kind of Green card for this I am totally clueless I just know that Im looking at going for 6 weeks or so Backpacking and perhaps If I like it would like to stay on longer but would need a job.

Could someone shed any light on the subject for me please any advice much appreciated.


  1. Misc
  1. Misc

You need a Visa with a work permit to legally work in the US. They are very tough to acquire - so I'd forget about staying too long mate.

u can stay 3 months without a visa but u cant work any longer or to work u need to get a near impossible to get visa

Original Poster

Aaah ok thank-you peeps for the advice :thumbsup:. I was thinking of going for 2months maximum too be fair I think that will be enough.

Just to add, if you do work over there without a visa (cash in hand) and they catch you, they'll black list you and never let you back in....
Post a comment
    Top Discussions
    1. #KoemanIn, Thank You Koeman for trying to get Everton relegated!79
    2. I thought the 'Dementia tax' had gone for good,apparently not.1023
    3. Linkin Park and Friends Celebrate Life in Honor of Chester Bennington strea…22
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769580

    See more discussions