Groups

going to turkey on july 30th advice wanted

hi people im going for a week holiday to turkey on 30th july and not going all inclusive, not looking to spend loads as 3 weeks after going egypt all inclusive. though it was cheap but was told its not that cheap at all.
    was thinking of taking £600 for 2 of us, would that be ok?
    whats the pice of fags bacca etc? best place to get them?
    anything good to do?
    any advice what to do and not to thanks

15 Comments

Barky is just back from Turkey - think he is online just now

expect to pay £20-£25 for 200 lambert, i think the allowance is only 200 per person to bring back mind. don't forget you need £10 each for your visas to get in to turkey.

Original Poster

thanks
    only 200?

if your going to egypt in a few weeks dont even bother with buying fags, their much cheaper over there. I hope your going to luxor, hughada, makadi bay or a nice area and not sharm!?

danmc;8983060

200! wow that's poor I brought about 12.000 back from gran canaria.

200 per person is the legal limit. doesnt matter how many you actually bring back, doesnt make it legal IF you get caught.

you have to pay £10.00 each when you get there and they must be a ten pound note as my mother and father in law have just been and they said everything is soooooo exspensive there you are only allowed to bring 200 each back and 5 pouches of bacca each its upto you if you want to risk bringing any more,dont forget it must be a ten pound note each to pay to get into turkey not sur why this is but its always bin this way and you have to pay the same for kids aswell.

danmc;8983127

The worst thing that happens if you get caught is either paying the tax … The worst thing that happens if you get caught is either paying the tax on them or getting them took off you hardly a hanging offense.:-D

Didnt say it was did i? Just pointing out the fact that it doesnt matter how much you bring back the actual legal amount is 200 per person from non EU.

Original Poster

sharm
    thanks

Why does everyone go to sharm?!

linda turnock;8983157

you have to pay £10.00 each when you get there and they must be a ten … you have to pay £10.00 each when you get there and they must be a ten pound note as my mother and father in law have just been and they said everything is soooooo exspensive there you are only allowed to bring 200 each back and 5 pouches of bacca each its upto you if you want to risk bringing any more,dont forget it must be a ten pound note each to pay to get into turkey not sur why this is but its always bin this way and you have to pay the same for kids aswell.

Its not both actually. Its either one or the other.

danmc;8983060

200! wow that's poor I brought about 12.000 back from gran canaria.

Oh and by the way seeing as Gran Canaria is part of the EU through spain then there were no limits for your trip. Customs may ask questions for anything above 3200 cigs but its still legal

danmc;8983263

Calm down:-D

Calm down? lol i was being nice!

always buy ur fags n bacci from airport store as they normally funny fags from a turkish store lol

Im off to Turkey too on the 13th.

For the purposes of hmrc allowance rules, canary islands are NOT classed as part of Spain or the EU
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk88
      2. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card44
      3. WIN AN UNFORGETTABLE TRIP TO SAN FRANCISCO11
      4. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22

See more discussions