Groups

Going to Wakefield,Yorkshire, this weekend,anywhere nice for the kids nearby??

Anyone suggest anywhere to take the kids? they are 2 4 and 6? we are up visiting family and need somewhere to visit. Iv'e never been to that area.Rep for help

25 Comments

Swimming baths in centre of wakefield is ok... (Small - but has a wave pool and slide). Mining musuem not too far away. Depends what you like really

Kids like Eureeka in Halifax (A little bit further away)

Sculpture park, my daughters loved it there as did my neice! 1 of my daughters did get told off for standing on a flat sculpture by some one who said that she had no respect for peoples work! But other than that a great day out.

ysp.co.uk/vie…d=6

Lol.Live in Wakefield,if you find anything let me know ,

Go to temple newsam, It is great walking round the grounds and there is parks and lakes to play with the kids with. Best of all is the rare breed farm with loads of animals to feed and little piglets running around free. It is Free to get into the grounds, free parking and only £8 for a family of four to get in the farm and that includes the feed for the animals:thumbsup:

You are seriously better off going to Leeds. I made the mistake of booking a hotel in Wakefield for 3 nights over xmas a few years back & i can honestly say there isn't much to do - sorry

experiencewakefield.co.uk/

a working city, nowt much to see, apar from the cathedral (only reason its a city . .).

go down to nearby Huddersfield, gaypharm stadium, art gallery ..
    totaltravel.co.uk/tra…ons
    however, if you go to Bradford, they've cartwright hall, nat museum of film & photograpy, lister park (top ten in europe) and you get to do a few things for all

:thumbsup:

badgerrules;4745012

Go to temple newsom, It is great walking round the grounds and there is … Go to temple newsom, It is great walking round the grounds and there is parks and lakes to play with the kids with. Best of all is the rare breed farm with loads of animals to feed and little piglets running around free. It is Free to get into the grounds, free parking and only £8 for a family of four to get in the farm and that includes the feed for the animals:thumbsup:

+1

Original Poster

The rare breed farm temple newsom
    thanks guys this sounds good where is it exactly can't seem to find it?

Banned

Cheeky Monkeys is an excellent place for indoors if its raining, or Thorne park is great play place if its a nice day

Cheeky Monkeys maps.google.co.uk/map…=20

Thorne Park maps.google.co.uk/map…=20

Also Newmillerdam is quite a good outside place (ducks etc) maps.google.co.uk/map…=16

If you want a day out, a train journey to Doncaster or Leeds will only cost you (the kids will be free), and the train to Doncaster takes you straight into the Frenchgate shopping centre.

badgerrules;4745012

Go to temple newsom, It is great walking round the grounds and there is … Go to temple newsom, It is great walking round the grounds and there is parks and lakes to play with the kids with. Best of all is the rare breed farm with loads of animals to feed and little piglets running around free. It is Free to get into the grounds, free parking and only £8 for a family of four to get in the farm and that includes the feed for the animals:thumbsup:

I agree my kids love this, the grounds are huge and gorgeous lovely for a picnic, and the farm is great, and there is a lovely tea shop and ice cream van etc. There is also two nice parks for the kids.

Spelled Temple Newsam

If your going to leeds Rounday Butterfly house...

francescaseaman;4745274

The rare breed farm temple newsomthanks guys this sounds good where is it … The rare breed farm temple newsomthanks guys this sounds good where is it exactly can't seem to find it?

Its less than 8 miles north of Wakefield, if you type it into google maps it will come up with it ;-)

Original Poster

US1;4745304

Cheeky Monkeys is an excellent place for indoors if its raining, or … Cheeky Monkeys is an excellent place for indoors if its raining, or Thorne park is great play place if its a nice day

where are these please? x

yeah sorry about that, it is spelt temple newsam, that should be easier for you to find.
    ]Temple Newsam

Banned

francescaseaman;4745274

The rare breed farm temple newsomthanks guys this sounds good where is it … The rare breed farm temple newsomthanks guys this sounds good where is it exactly can't seem to find it?

Temple Newsom is North Leeds, M1 jct 46 and follow the signs, easy :thumbsup:

Banned

francescaseaman;4745337

where are these please? x

Both in Wakefield centre, added links for you on the original post :thumbsup:

Original Poster

thanks sooooo much guys will rep u all later x

Banned

Oh and xscape at Castleford is awesome, skiing, cinema, game machines, bowling, food, drink, crazy golf, indoor play area, shopping, and lots more xscape.co.uk/sno…c11

Original Poster

think I'd better get the postcodes for the sat nav am useless otherwise LOL

Temple Newsam Leeds LS15 0AD
    Cheeky monkeys Wakefield, WF1 4LA

Original Poster

tonyg1962;4745505

Temple Newsam Leeds LS15 0ADCheeky monkeys Wakefield, WF1 4LA

wow ur quick! thanks x

Banned

francescaseaman;4745515

wow ur quick! thanks x

Sat Nav points
    Cheeky Monkeys N53.68489 W1.40008
    Temple Newsam N53.78483 W1.45895
    Xscape Castleford N53.70955 W1.33782
    Thornes Park N53.67358 W1.51068
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. WONGA REFUNDS DUE2111020
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423814466
      3. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4671404
      4. Toys R Us may soon be Toys No More - USA possibly filing for Bankruptcy2729

See more discussions