Groups

going to zante in may - advantages/disadvantages of greece being in debt, what should i expect

well basically were going to zante in may, and ive heard things about greece being in debt etc etc.
    just wondered if there was any 1 quite clued up on the whole thing

package holidays are selling at really cheap prices - to attract visitors & make money i pressume

basically what i want to know, will the price of food/drink increase or decrease & will i get a better rate for the euro over there.

12 Comments

Banned

wont make any difference

the uk is much more in debt since 2008 banks bail out but nothing much has happended to prices

Banned

and defo exchange money over there (about 1.10)

I would imagine that the bars, restaurants and clubs, would be more competitive than ever to try and secure your euros.

Take a Nationwide Debit Card and use ATM's for the best rates on exchange.:thumbsup:

They are part of the Euro, so don't worry about their financial situation.

Couple of good forums below for any other info you might need. I used to go to Zante 1 or 2 times a year at one point.

]http//ww…php

]http//ww…ms/

r u gna bang doe

numptyj;8261591

r u gna bang doe

Dont know exactly what that means but I have a feeling its a great term.

Hope op has more luck than me as I just got pigs, but as the Ouzo was cheap it didn't matter.

gavjbrown;8261615

Dont know exactly what that means but I have a feeling its a great term.

lol type it on youtube its a tuuuune bruv

Inactive;8260657

Take a Nationwide Debit Card and use ATM's for the best rates on … Take a Nationwide Debit Card and use ATM's for the best rates on exchange.:thumbsup:They are part of the Euro, so don't worry about their financial situation.

The nationwide card is great. To get the best exchange rate you need to be billed in Euro and let visa exchange it. Not really worded that very well but the machine will ask you if you want its exchange rate or the card suppliers. Go with the card suppliers.

Banned

gavjbrown;8261709

The nationwide card is great. To get the best exchange rate you need to … The nationwide card is great. To get the best exchange rate you need to be billed in Euro and let visa exchange it. Not really worded that very well but the machine will ask you if you want its exchange rate or the card suppliers. Go with the card suppliers.

Good advice. Always ask for cash in euros from the machine rather than the bank charge in sterling.

I just got back from lanzarote and was billed at 1.12 euros to the £ :w00t:

well pleased as best on the high st was 1.07 at the time

Watch out for the banks which charge you commission on the ATM transaction as well some do some don't.

newbie1001;8261977

Watch out for the banks which charge you commission on the ATM … Watch out for the banks which charge you commission on the ATM transaction as well some do some don't.

Where? I have never come across any bank that charges commission using my Nationwide Visa Debit Card in Europe, as long as you don't let the foreign bank do the exchange.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2240
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346
      4. What would be HELL to you?2634

See more discussions