Groups

gold weight

after having checked on a conversion weight site im not to sure that its right so was wondering if someone could check for me just to clarify if i done it properly please.
    my workings are
    2oz gold into grammes = 56 grammes
    is that right as tesco are offering £448
    thanks for any help as i dont think somthing is right

21 Comments

That's right, 2 oz = 56 grammes and assuming that it's still £8 per gram for gold at Tesco =£448.

seems right to me.

Original Poster

thanks for your help peps but have seen why the item i was thinking of purchasing was only £200 for 2oz and thats because its rolled gold so not a good deal at all

I heard Tesco was the best place to take your old gold....that was after I took all mine to a local jewellers and only got £70!!

Banned

Gold is weighed in troy ounces. 31.1034768 grams

Banned

also try hatton garden metals for a quote....

hattongardenmetals.com/

Tescos is Ramsdens, the country's largest family owned pawnbroker,

See here

thisismoney.co.uk/cre…d=9
    Edited by: "rizla01" 24th Feb 2011

Banned

On 9ct
    Tesco £7.81 a gram
    Hatten garden metals £10.06

If you are thinking of selling your gold have a read here...its useful stuff

taxfreegold.co.uk/scr…tml

any one know where i can get some cheap scales to weight my gold?

ukmonkey

If you are willing to wait dealextreme.com have them for just a few pounds

ukmonkey

I just bought a digital russell Hobbs one from choice catalogue £25 but if you look on the bay or Argos you can get them cheap there for around £7 if your not botherd about looks as they are nothing fancy
    argos.co.uk/web…p=1
    Edited by: "sameena1" 24th Feb 2011

Lilds are doing them for £8 this week. Sainsburys have a good Salter for £10.

Banned

sameena1

I just bought a digital russell Hobbs one from choice catalogue £25 but … I just bought a digital russell Hobbs one from choice catalogue £25 but if you look on the bay or Argos you can get them cheap there for around £7 if your not botherd about looks as they are nothing fancy [url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.argos.co.uk%2Fwebapp%2Fwcs%2Fstores%2Fservlet%2FSearch%3FstoreId%3D10001%26langId%3D-1%26q%3DKITCHEN%2BSCALES%26pp%3DShow%2Ball%26s%3DRelevance%26p%3D1]http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10001&langId=-1&q=KITCHEN+SCALES&pp=Show+all&s=Relevance&p=1[/url]

They are kitchen scales not jewelery scales.......not very accurate at all, pro

slamdunkin

They are kitchen scales not jewelery scales.......not very accurate at … They are kitchen scales not jewelery scales.......not very accurate at all, pro

well i weighed mine on there (Digital Russell Hobbs) & they were Very Accurate, they are diffrent settinings on mine grams/oz/lb so worked fine for me lol
    Edited by: "sameena1" 25th Feb 2011

Banned

so tescos are offering £220 an ounce when the current gold price is around £1000 an oz!

I know its probably 24ct pricing but still oO

why do people recommend buying gold if you lose 70% on resale?

csiman

so tescos are offering £220 an ounce when the current gold price is … so tescos are offering £220 an ounce when the current gold price is around £1000 an oz!I know its probably 24ct pricing but still oOwhy do people recommend buying gold if you lose 70% on resale?

well i find you only lose out when you but 9ct because there is hardly no pure gold in it, i only buy 22ct & 24ct & when i sold mine back i made a profit of aroud £50 but it depends on when you bought your gold, if you bought it a few years ago it was cheaper then so if you sell it now it's expensive so you would make a profit

well i find you only lose out when you but 9ct because there is hardly … well i find you only lose out when you but 9ct because there is hardly no pure gold in it, i only buy 22ct & 24ct & when i sold mine back i made a profit of aroud £50 but it depends on when you bought your gold, if you bought it a few years ago it was cheaper then so if you sell it now it's expensive so you would make a profit

Now THAT is a brilliant money saving/making tip.

Assuming £100 spent on 18Ct or £70 spent on 9Ct

Thats £50 for profit,manuf costs Etc and £50 for the gold content(18Ct)
    Return for £100 = £50

or £50 for profit, manuf costs Etc and £20 on gold content. (9Ct).
    Return for £70 = £20.

Excellent advice!

Edited by: "rizla01" 25th Feb 2011

Banned

sameena1

well i find you only lose out when you but 9ct because there is hardly no … well i find you only lose out when you but 9ct because there is hardly no pure gold in it, i only buy 22ct & 24ct & when i sold mine back i made a profit of aroud £50 but it depends on when you bought your gold, if you bought it a few years ago it was cheaper then so if you sell it now it's expensive so you would make a profit

I was referring to buying gold ingots, not jewellery

and I wouldnt say 9ct hardly contains any pure gold:-

9ct = 37.5% gold and 62.5% other metals

10ct = 41.2% gold and 58.8% other metals

14ct = 52.5% gold and 47.5% other metals

18ct = 72.5% gold and 27.5% other metals

Banned

this site pays £10.10 per gramme for 9ct

9ct 1oz = £242

22ct 1oz = £691

lois-jewellery.com/?gc…gAw

Not only are you comparing solid gold vs. 9ct gold but £8/10 per gram is the price for scrap gold. Someone has to pay to have that melted down, the impurities removed and recast in bars or other saleable medium.

Buying gold - either bars or more likely just stock - for investment vs. jewellery is like comparing an investment in wheat futures or pork bellies to buying a box of weatabix or a pork joint from Tesco and storing it in your wall safe ;-)

csiman

so tescos are offering £220 an ounce when the current gold price is … so tescos are offering £220 an ounce when the current gold price is around £1000 an oz!I know its probably 24ct pricing but still oOwhy do people recommend buying gold if you lose 70% on resale?

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. sky q is it a good deal?55
      2. Speccing a gaming pc37
      3. help: windows 10 wifi issue55
      4. Best IPTV Paid service?1721

See more discussions