Golf clubs/irons

    Evening All,
    I've recently taken up golf and trying to buy a few secondhand clubs before I buy a full set. In my local charity shop they have a ladies Callaway iron marked on the head with the letter 'A'. Does anyone know what the letter 'A' stands for or is it a pitching or sand wedge in disguise?
    Thankyou in advance.


    It's a approach wedge which is about 49/50 degree and fits in between your pitching and sand iron hope this helps u x

    Original Poster

    It was in vgc and only £3-00. Do you think it would be worth having?

    Yes a handy club also known as a gap wedge to fill the gap between pw and sw bargain at £3

    Original Poster

    Thanks for that, I'll pop down tomorrow and treat myself. Just need to find a magic club that guarantees a hole in one now. (Not sure if Callaway has developed one yet)

    Hahaha if only.

    If your only looking at a few clubs then this would be suitable for use as a PW, and SW.

    13 degree driver,
    9i and of course
    a putter

    More than enough to start with even with more practice i'd only suggest you add a 3w (but then look to lower the loft on the driver) and a fairway wood (only needed if you struggle to hit a 3i). More clubs leads to more indecision.

    Would also say to ensure that the clubs are cavity back as well.

    Edited by: "mac9091" 3rd Mar
    Post a comment
      Top Discussions
      1. Ditched Sky1315
      2. What would be a Mario Kart type game for the PS4?33
      3. Best 40 inch TV for £30056
      4. Biscuit addiction1231

      See more discussions