Golf DSG GTD Real MPG?

Found 22nd Sep 2017
What’s your real MPG on your GTD? I drive mostly city and very rare motorway and I’ve averaged like 35mpg over 600 miles.

I think my car does a lot of active regens to compensate

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
9 Comments

I have a manual 2016 GTD (not keen on Autos) and over 600 miles I average around 40, mix of roads no motorways. Mainly 40mph with some traffic

Yours is probably reasonably accurate.

Inb4 the willy wavers claiming 60+ mpg whilst doing powerslides and J-turns.

I do low mileage in the city and used to do a monthly 15 minute run on the motorway rather than leave it to do its own regens as I would often be home and switch off before it had completed.
Edited by: "deeky" 22nd Sep 2017

I've driven nearly 300 miles today mainly motorway but a lot of stop starts due to traffic and I got 54mpg. Normally I get about 400 miles from a tank with a mix of city and motorway driving

You're welcome OP.

Original Poster

deeky22nd Sep

Yours is probably reasonably accurate.Inb4 the willy wavers claiming 60+ …Yours is probably reasonably accurate.Inb4 the willy wavers claiming 60+ mpg whilst doing powerslides and J-turns.I do low mileage in the city and used to do a monthly 15 minute run on the motorway rather than leave it to do its own regens as I would often be home and switch off before it had completed.

Sounds reasonable!

Original Poster

mds125622nd Sep

I have a manual 2016 GTD (not keen on Autos) and over 600 miles I average …I have a manual 2016 GTD (not keen on Autos) and over 600 miles I average around 40, mix of roads no motorways. Mainly 40mph with some traffic

I travel mostly in 30 zones so for a manual yours sound about right. I believe they are rewarding on motorways and slightly less on local runs. I read a few forums and I was hearing figures such as 47mpg city and stuff and couldn’t believe it! Didn’t buy a GTD just to drive like a granny.

XLYC2 h, 19 m ago

I travel mostly in 30 zones so for a manual yours sound about right. I …I travel mostly in 30 zones so for a manual yours sound about right. I believe they are rewarding on motorways and slightly less on local runs. I read a few forums and I was hearing figures such as 47mpg city and stuff and couldn’t believe it! Didn’t buy a GTD just to drive like a granny.

Out of interest, what made you buy diesel when doing mostly short/city/30 runs?

XLYC3 h, 29 m ago

I travel mostly in 30 zones so for a manual yours sound about right. I …I travel mostly in 30 zones so for a manual yours sound about right. I believe they are rewarding on motorways and slightly less on local runs. I read a few forums and I was hearing figures such as 47mpg city and stuff and couldn’t believe it! Didn’t buy a GTD just to drive like a granny.

tough mate you will be driving like a granny
average speed in London is just under 2mph during rush hours, highest average speed during rush hours (I believe it's Edinburgh) is just over 13mph

source petrolprices.com/new…es/

PS> I always laugh at those numpties in high spec cars stuck in a traffic when thet accelerate briefly to "show off" their fancy cars only to get stuck

XLYC7 h, 9 m ago

Yeah exactly. On a run at national speed limit I can average on a 100 mile motorway run around 48-54mpg but that is only on a steady motorway run.
Post a comment
@
    Text