Edited by:"darkovo"Found 11th May 2010
gone

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
11 Comments

DO NOT DO IT.

It is a living HELL HOLE.

The accommodation is like a prison, cafe's are like cattle markets & the entertainment (if you can call it that), is best suited to a childrens club in a 70's rundown caravan site. In reality it is benefit scrounger city.....

I upgraded my accommodation while I was there & it would have been cheaper for me to just go & book Centerparcs. Save up & book Centerparcs from the start, at least you can have a decent holiday then.

its crap, the free fair rides you queue for 1 hour to go on the no bumping dodgems. Its packed, overprices etc etc.

Basically dont go butlins, just book a caravan in haven or something, its much better.

BTW, you are well overthinking this - c'mon, its a kids holiday notn a life decision about whether or not you should enter the swimming pool with risks of infections.

In summary, don't go butlins..:p

Banned

stay at home order really cheap pizza and greasy chips to feed yourself, and get really cheesy 80's paul daniels dvd's to watch. you will be better off than butlins

I went on an adult weekend there last year and I am still having counselling.

It is a harrowing place.

Like Colditz but less fun.

i am booked in at Coral Beach ( [url]www.coral-beach.net[/url] )- just down the road from Butlins skegness and 5 min walk from the fantasy island theme park - we are going the 5th June as our son has 2 weeks off so it's cheaper than the school hols week..
generally go to Butlins on a day pass - lets face it - one day is enough....

love the area though

Banned

Skegness is nice if you have a hangover on Boxing day, fresh air, freezing cold and deserted, any other time its full of people you cross the road to avoid, that is if you make it across and not flattened by some pimped up corsa blasting its bass tube and smell of mariujana in its wake

Banned

ChrisUK;8578936

DO NOT DO IT.It is a living HELL HOLE.The accommodation is like a prison, … DO NOT DO IT.It is a living HELL HOLE.The accommodation is like a prison, cafe's are like cattle markets & the entertainment (if you can call it that), is best suited to a childrens club in a 70's rundown caravan site. In reality it is benefit scrounger city.....I upgraded my accommodation while I was there & it would have been cheaper for me to just go & book Centerparcs. Save up & book Centerparcs from the start, at least you can have a decent holiday then.

Honestly totally agree, I went to butlins once and found the accommodations, filthy, cramped, dated, and that was not in the cheap option either, it was like living in a fairground.

Went to centreparcs and go twice a year now love it.

bag of crap,get a decent caravan and enjoy yourselves with the money you will save

Banned

I found Butlins at Skegness to be pretty good. Perfect for families with young children. My accommodation (silver apartment) was very clean and fairly decent all round.

Original Poster

Thanks for all the replies, even the bad ones, probably still going though LOL
Post a comment
@
    Text