Gone to get breakfast and bread gone mouldy...no toast

22 replies
Found 29th Jun 2009
Don't you just hate that,must be the heat,only a few slices left so not a full loaf... waiting for my Mum to arrive,she's bringing me some other essentials soon.
Not only I not had breakfast,thought someone was dumping bricks outside my house today on my drieway bit,turns out they took them out their place on the floor and using them and decided just to dump them back without placing them proper.

22 Comments

never happens in this house, we use 2 loaves a day

Banned

oh well, go to the shops and put the bricks back on your way out

like a normal person

here's a tip for ya.. put the loaf in the fridge and it lasts 5 times longer.

Original Poster

casparwhite;5617837

oh well, go to the shops and put the bricks back on your way outlike a … oh well, go to the shops and put the bricks back on your way outlike a normal person

My Mum bringing me some as she due to bring some anyway.

Nah,they already put them back only cos I went front door,shouldn't be using them anyway to prop their cars up for repairs.

Original Poster

cherishu2;5617835

never happens in this house, we use 2 loaves a day

wow,a loaf last a few days usually in here.

Original Poster

KERMITZBITZ;5617878

here's a tip for ya.. put the loaf in the fridge and it lasts 5 times … here's a tip for ya.. put the loaf in the fridge and it lasts 5 times longer.

I might start needing too actually,think it must be the heat turned it mouldy.

Banned

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5617883

My Mum bringing me some as she due to bring some anyway.Nah,they already … My Mum bringing me some as she due to bring some anyway.Nah,they already put them back only cos I went front door,shouldn't be using them anyway to prop their cars up for repairs.

oh so its all sorted already then?

little tip is to keep a loaf in the freezer just for toast and these exact moments

Banned

Another new low for the misc forum.....

Original Poster

casparwhite;5617905

oh so its all sorted already then?little tip is to keep a loaf in the … oh so its all sorted already then?little tip is to keep a loaf in the freezer just for toast and these exact moments

Yep.

I not freezed any bread in years actually.

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5617926

Yep.I not freezed any bread in years actually.

YUK! Frozen bread

Banned

casparwhite;5617837

oh well, go to the shops and put the bricks back on your way outlike a … oh well, go to the shops and put the bricks back on your way outlike a normal person

there are NORMAL people here??

casparwhite;5617905

oh so its all sorted already then?

seems so - tragedy averted!

vibeone;5617916

Another new low for the misc forum.....

it cant possibly get any lower.............can it?

hotukdeals.com/ite…do/

KERMITZBITZ;5617878

here's a tip for ya.. put the loaf in the fridge and it lasts 5 times … here's a tip for ya.. put the loaf in the fridge and it lasts 5 times longer.

We all like different types of bread, so we all have our own. I started putting mine in the fridge last summer, then mum decided it was a good idea and hers goes in too. Dad still stubbornly leaves his out and it usually goes mouldy. He wont be told though. My bread lasts 2 weeks easily, his last about half a week. All burger buns etc go in the fridge too. Dad moans that the bread isnt as doughy and fresh, but its better than it being mouldy!

Mould? I would have eaten it anyway.

kelly_o_fanatic;5618817

Dad moans that the bread isnt as doughy and fresh, but its better than it … Dad moans that the bread isnt as doughy and fresh, but its better than it being mouldy!

I'm with him on this, tell him to keep his in the microwave:thumbsup:

Banned

Tanchi;5618583

YUK! Frozen bread

you dont eat it frozen

its gonna be toast.....:roll:

Banned

casparwhite;5618956

you dont eat it frozenits gonna be toast.....:roll:

LOL :w00t:
I actually did :lol:, frozen bread anyone??

I freeze mine for toast, its the only time we use it lol xx

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5617891

I might start needing too actually,think it must be the heat turned it … I might start needing too actually,think it must be the heat turned it mouldy.

:thumbsup:

Mouldy bread is only penicillin :thumbsup:

Shengis;5618933

I'm with him on this, tell him to keep his in the microwave:thumbsup:

He'd have difficulty - we dont have a microwave :-D

tinkerbell28;5618900

Does it come out nice tho, not stiff as a board, I may try that.

Depends on how long its been there, fresh enough for about a week (as long as you make sure you seal it properly after using some) after that its a bit dry, but still fine for toast.

Banned

peodude;5619233

Mouldy bread is only penicillin :thumbsup:

Bread mold does not turn into penicillin. Bread mold makes penicillin as a by-product of its metabolic processes. Penicillin is manufactured by growing bread mould in a nutrient and stripping off the produced penicillin in the same manner that alcohol is made by yeast and the alcohol recovered.

Banned

casparwhite;5619303

Bread mold does not turn into penicillin. Bread mold makes penicillin as … Bread mold does not turn into penicillin. Bread mold makes penicillin as a by-product of its metabolic processes. Penicillin is manufactured by growing bread mould in a nutrient and stripping off the produced penicillin in the same manner that alcohol is made by yeast and the alcohol recovered.

and there endeth the lesson
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition47382
    2. Win free gin for a year88
    3. Win a short break for two at our hotel of the year: the Pointer, Bucks @ Su…44
    4. Magazine competitions - Issue 42 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1414

See more discussions