Groups
    EXPIRED

good ~£200 or less HDMI/optical coaxial receiver?

guys, do you have any recommendations for a receiver, sub £200, with at least 2 HDMI ports, and coaxial / optical inputs?

thanks!

7 Comments

If you can find one try the Sony Htss1100 (This is just being replaced by the HTSS1300) The F version of the same name has floor standing speakers.

The former also has 2 HDMI in connectors and 1 out the new version has 3 in 1 out (Also a couple of other differences such as X V colour processor I think). Has 2 Opt in and 1 Coax in.

Might find one for about £199 if you are lucky - New model is £269 on Play and £299 with Floor Speakers.

Have seen them on Ebay for Sub £200.

Think the best I've seen the 1100 model is £229 on superhifi and £249 at Argos.

Original Poster

that seems pretty decent. here's the thing - i already have 4 surround 1 center and 1 subwoofer, an amazing pioneer sound system that's currently plugged into the DVD player which acts as the amp. problem is that it only has stereo input so i don't get the same sound out of external components - such as my cable box or HTPC. hence me needing a dedicated receiver with the necessary ports

for a bit over i'd recommend the Onkyo TX TX-SR506 its big brother the 606 has had great reviews in what hifi as has this . rrp at £250
    whathifi.com/hom…spx

n

Don't know if you have bought yourself a new av amp / receiver? But if I we're you, this is where I would put my money hotukdeals.com/ite…r-/ :thumbsup:

Original Poster

i ended up getting:
    amazon.com/Onk…1-5

paid about £250 for it, my sister's bringing it from the states. considering it's a £400 receiver i think it's a good solid futureproof investment

does it do sound over hdmi?

chamelion;2298033

i ended up … i ended up getting:http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-TX-SR606-Channel-Theater-Receiver/dp/B0015S8PGW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1213137583&sr=1-5paid about £250 for it, my sister's bringing it from the states. considering it's a £400 receiver i think it's a good solid futureproof investment

Hmm, very nice choice but can the power be converted from 120/110V?

roadie;2298037

does it do sound over hdmi?

Yes it does, It's capable of the latest HD surround formats too :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851337
      2. Vegan (Non-Dairy) Ben & Jerrys now launched in UK!1827
      3. Apples new update610
      4. Any PS4 News Here29313799

See more discussions