Good 60th Birthday Gifts

Found 9th Sep 2017
I need to buy my dad a 60th birthday gift. I've saved up a budget of about £500. He doesn't really use anything I've got him previously (or rather they remain in the box for a year before he gets round to using them) so I'd like to get him something unique and memorable (he's not a great fan of experiences - I was thinking of something like a hot air balloon ride but I'm having second thoughts. Any and all suggestions welcome! I'm struggling.
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Does he have favourite singers/groups?

If so, concert tickets. Take him yourself.
Original Poster
hottoast56 m ago

Does he have favourite singers/groups?If so, concert tickets. Take him …Does he have favourite singers/groups?If so, concert tickets. Take him yourself.

That's a good thought
Does he support a team? We took my dad to a vip football match with a 4 course meal and good seats, it was expensive but well worth it.
A watch
Do not get a balloon experience. Like you we got one for mums 60th. She was 62 by the time she took it! Obviously weather dependent and it was cancelled so many times .
How about a weekend away?
Original Poster
How long did it last and was it worth it in the end?
I got my Dad a flying lesson for his 60th, best thing was me and Mum got to go with him. The pilot took off and landed but my Dad flew us the whole way around the Ards peninsula. I'm not sure he enjoyed the scenery but it was a memorable experience.

Thant was 30 years ago and cost me £60, not sure how much it would be nowadays and whether there are any special requirements like health check or license (knowing how health and safety has taken over everything)
I was thinking of something like a hot air balloon ride.

Parachute jump (HALO), hang glider, bungee jump, wing walking, ski jump.
A new pair of tartan slippers.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants