Groups
    EXPIRED

Good bank account for small children - incentives?

Hi all.

Am wanting to open bank accounts for my 4yo and 7yo, just wondered if anyone could recommend a good bank or if any have some good incentives to join.

Not looking to be saving for their uni or anything so not really looking at good interest rates or anything technical, just if there are any that give 'gifts' or something?

Thank you x

5 Comments

At Skipton B.S you get a monkey tree sticker chart. everytime you pay in (min £1) you get a sticker, collect all 8 to get to the top of the monkey tree and you get a free gift...such as a Monkey Watch, Colour-in Backpack, Wallet, or T-Shirt.
    Account is paying 1.8% variable at the moment.
    Hope this helps

Original Poster

lilsta1303;7042758

At Skipton B.S you get a monkey tree sticker chart. everytime you pay in … At Skipton B.S you get a monkey tree sticker chart. everytime you pay in (min £1) you get a sticker, collect all 8 to get to the top of the monkey tree and you get a free gift...such as a Monkey Watch, Colour-in Backpack, Wallet, or T-Shirt.Account is paying 1.8% variable at the moment.Hope this helps

That sounds exactly like the kind of thing I am after - unfortunately my nearest branch is 9 miles away in the city of London :-(

Thanks though :thumbsup:

Natwest do a Young Savers account, they get stickers and a savings chart in a welcome pack, and if a £10 p/m standing order is set up they get some model thing!

Full details:

natwest.com/sav…est

Original Poster

villan;7043048

Natwest do a Young Savers account, they get stickers and a savings chart … Natwest do a Young Savers account, they get stickers and a savings chart in a welcome pack, and if a £10 p/m standing order is set up they get some model thing! Full details:natwest.com/saveandinvest

Thank you, anyone know about Halifax/Barclays/HSBC? I have those 3 nearby

Mrs.Z;7043775

Thank you, anyone know about Halifax/Barclays/HSBC? I have those 3 nearby … Thank you, anyone know about Halifax/Barclays/HSBC? I have those 3 nearby

My two have got a Halifax account - Childrens Regular Saver - because it had the best interest rate - was 10%, but now gone down to 6% I think - but the money is swept annually into another account.
    They get a pass book which they can take up to counter and is updated if they pay in/ take out money (although I have to sign for it if money taken out as the trustee) and also a money box coin sorter - so not bad - no stickers though!
    :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767501
      2. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7311388
      3. Tower Hill - Explosion reported.. (Phone charger??)44
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17886407

See more discussions