Hi guys n girls

Can anyone recommend any good broadband deals please
Around £20 a month as I’m on a very low budget

Thank you
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
If you are v close to exchange and can tolerate high-teen Mbit speed NowBB will be about equiv £11/m, or alternatively fibre at around £16.50/m, both 12m commitment.
Or if you have some old clunker unlocked/Voda Android handset kicking around and have a good Voda signal: unlimited cellular data will cost £10/m no contract via Voxi.
topcashback.co.uk/now…nd/
I'd check with uSwitch
Second Now broadband, just switched to them from BT. Broadband and anytime calls for £18pm on a 12 month contract, no fibre available in my area and this was the cheapest deal available. Also £70 cashback going through Quidco when I ordered
Not sure if you're at the end of a contract with a current supplier but if you play hardball you can usually get some corking deals. After a few unremarkable offers to keep me, they finally processed my cancellation and the clock started ticking on my end date. Lo and behold, a day later I get a call on my landline to discuss my disconnection. Result: 12 month deal from virgin for 20 quid a month - 100mbps.

Andy's suggestion above of 17ish mbps for approx 11 quid a month is a brilliant deal for those who want to keep their costs low though.
Edited by: "sparkeeh" 14th Feb
broadband.moneysavingexpert.com/

Some good fibre deals at the moment as well. Just click on the filters tab to find best deals.

I currently have Unlimited Fibre Broadband with the Post Office and so far have had no issues.
Edited by: "LemonHead" 14th Feb
sparkeeh14/02/2020 15:45

Not sure if you're at the end of a contract with a current supplier but if …Not sure if you're at the end of a contract with a current supplier but if you play hardball you can usually get some corking deals. After a few unremarkable offers to keep me, they finally processed my cancellation and the clock started ticking on my end date. Lo and behold, a day later I get a call on my landline to discuss my disconnection. Result: 12 month deal from virgin for 20 quid a month - 100mbps.Andy's suggestion above of 17ish mbps for approx 11 quid a month is a brilliant deal for those who want to keep their costs low though.

Hi@sparkeeh. Out of curiosity - when you phoned Virgin media to put in your 30 day notice - did you request to transfer your phone number over to another supplier?(eg had you signed over to another provider?). Reason I ask this my contact is now up with Virgin media and they offered me a derisory deal.
JasonScotcher16/02/2020 13:14

Hi@sparkeeh. Out of curiosity - when you phoned Virgin media to put in …Hi@sparkeeh. Out of curiosity - when you phoned Virgin media to put in your 30 day notice - did you request to transfer your phone number over to another supplier?(eg had you signed over to another provider?). Reason I ask this my contact is now up with Virgin media and they offered me a derisory deal.

Hey Jason, they didn't ask if I wanted to transfer my number but whenever I entered my number into any other providers site they were telling me I needed a new BT line at anywhere from 10-60 quid install, but in previous years I have asked to take my number and this seemed to provide another kick up the harris for Virgin to act.
I think in a HUKD and Martin Lewis era they hear a lot of people shouting "give me a good deal or I am leaving" then not actually acting on it, so an actual transfer request from another supplier shows that you're serious. Plus any other provider has to provide a 14 day cooling off period too so don't think that signing up with another sets it in stone.
sparkeeh21/02/2020 17:11

Hey Jason, they didn't ask if I wanted to transfer my number but whenever …Hey Jason, they didn't ask if I wanted to transfer my number but whenever I entered my number into any other providers site they were telling me I needed a new BT line at anywhere from 10-60 quid install, but in previous years I have asked to take my number and this seemed to provide another kick up the harris for Virgin to act. I think in a HUKD and Martin Lewis era they hear a lot of people shouting "give me a good deal or I am leaving" then not actually acting on it, so an actual transfer request from another supplier shows that you're serious. Plus any other provider has to provide a 14 day cooling off period too so don't think that signing up with another sets it in stone.

Hi, now tv have told me that they foot the bill for the line installation (hope the sales rep wasn't telling me porkies!.) - yes this is true with most providers wanting you to pay upfront for a new line installation. I don't think any broadband provider will ask you if you want to transfer your number unless you specifically ask them to. I did in fact the year before last actually pay up front for now broadband and then phoned up Virgin to put in my 30 days notice and ask to transfer my phone number, and only then did they (Virgin) take me seriously that I wanted to leave as I had put an order in with now tv and I got a good deal with virgin - and then cancelled my now tv order. I've had two retention offers so far - the first was a price match at £32.00 for anytime calls and 50mb broadband - this was blatantly refused. Virgin wouldn't give me any more discounts and I said I could live without the anytime calls package so the cost would drop down to £25.50. Still too expensive and I said I would think about it. The retentions guy sent me a text if I wanted to take up the offer of which I didn't reply. Then two days later I got another call from virgin retentions for anytime calls with 100mb broadband, at £27.00 - reasonable offer - i refused and was told to think about it and was sent an email to reply yes if I wanted to go ahead with the offer. I'm still sticking to my guns. I'm curious to see if virgin will phone me nearer my phone line installation and transfer date to keep my custom or not.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants