EXPIRED

Good brushcraft knife.

Going hiking and climbing more than I used to and found out that I need more than my gerber multi tool and folding knife. I am looking for a tough fixed blade, not small but not a full machete. I was looking at the Big Rock Camp Knife but looking for some advise and any recent deals.

9 Comments

Wow! Where do you go hiking & climbing? My Gerber is more than enough for the wilds of Mid Wales.

hmm i had a ray mears book back in the day and i think he said around 20cm long with a curved blade was the best bet... one of his own knives are £260-290, but id follow sumthing along the same spec

just searched it up there and its 11cm long blade with and 11cm handle,

id try find sumthing of a similar spec and shape for a much lower price as it wont have been designed the way it is for no reason

raymears.com/Bus…fe/

apologies just read theend of you post so the kind of option im suggesting seems too small

Original Poster

cis_groupie

Wow! Where do you go hiking & climbing? My Gerber is more than enough … Wow! Where do you go hiking & climbing? My Gerber is more than enough for the wilds of Mid Wales.

Usually near the mournes and the forests. The multi tool is good for pliers and small tools but I need a more rugged dedicated knife for tougher jobs.
Edited by: "electriclinux" 3rd Oct 2010

You fancy a bit of DIY?

Try This one

Original Poster

harlzter

You fancy a bit of DIY?Try This one

I guess it would give me a skill but I think I also want a brand name.

have a look on here, lots of useful help about all sorts of outdoor things.

UK Bushcraft

Hero pose:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/12/18/article-1097504-02792B7A000005DC-506_634x702.jpg

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
  1. Sad news about Barcelona1972
  2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846124
  3. How much would you pay for this chair?1113
  4. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2540

See more discussions