Expired

Good cheap cot-bed mattress?

Found 14th Mar 2014
Bought this cotbed a while back: tesco.com/dir…prd

Needing a mattress to go with it, what would people suggest? People have said that a lot of places have decent mattresses for around £30 - £40 on sale, but I have no idea what to look for
Community Updates
AskBedCotMattress
12 Comments
i have one hardly used if u want it? im in essex
its 120x60
I did a lot of research & went for this one for £35 m.online4baby.com/4ba…9cm
It's amazing for the money the reviews speak for themselves. I'd always choose a sprung, foam is fine for a baby but a toddler will need more support
So that would really do a newborn and last him until he is a toddler?.

Bumbee cheers for the offer but me and my partner decided we want a new rather than second hand mattress since this is our first born
Definitely! My son is coming upto 18 months old & it literally still looks like new
Sprung ones offer better support and I think last longer.
I would always buy brand new for any baby not just for first

When I was buying ours I always looked for ones with good reviews. Made sure they had a breathable moisture resistant cover on them
I'm sure the ones I bought were from M&P

Have you looked at kiddocare,babies r us,argos/tesco direct?

I'm just trying to think of where generally sells them
You want one that can withstand a toddler jumping on them,once baby is on his feet he will definitely do that

I remember hearing mine in their room when they were small laughing,giggling and jumping around. Very cute

Hope you enjoy him,they grow up very fast
Edited by: "takethatfan1978" 14th Mar 2014
Cheers for the advice people, I actually decided to go for this one which seemed a good price and had good reviews: kiddicare.com/web…001
£27 on just a foam mattress is not a good deal!
This spring interior one is cheaper at £24.99 why didnt you go for that? .... kiddicare.com/web…001

I did use the same mattress for both children (not advised for young children!) My son went into the cot at 11 months. The cot mattress has now had 4.5 years use and it still fantastic! Got ours from Boots, think it was RRP £70, but with various discounts and advantage points back it worked out as around £40
Edited by: "ellie27" 17th Mar 2014
Oh I didn't notice that one, that seem's like a better deal

So I take it Spring is better than foam? The foam one had some really good reviews which is why I went for it
Neo1607

Oh I didn't notice that one, that seem's like a better dealSo I take it … Oh I didn't notice that one, that seem's like a better dealSo I take it Spring is better than foam? The foam one had some really good reviews which is why I went for it

Sprung/spring is generally so much better and long lasting than foam. Foam is a much cheaper option but I would say foam is a very short term eg I used a foam mattress in the moses basket.

Why dont you try cancelling? Has it been dispatched?
It's been dispatched and is due to arrive between 1:30pm and 2:30pm today, I will just return it however and get the spring one, I can just try explaining something like "I though it was spring instead of foam" and see if they will refund me for return postage as well X)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants