Groups

Good computer build?

Building a new pc!

Anything you would change?

7th Generation Intel® Core? i7 7700K 4.2GHz Socket LGA1151 (Kaby Lake) Processor - Retail

Phanteks Eclipse P400S Silent Gun Metal Mid Tower Case

EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G1 ATX Power Supply

Cooler Master Masterliquid Maker 92 All-in-One Liquid CPU Cooler

Asus VX278Q 27" LED Monitor

Windows 10 Home 32-bit/64-bit English USB - Retail

ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 DUAL OC 3GB GDDR5

Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600 3200MHz Quad Channel Kit

MSI Z270 GAMING M7 Intel Z270 (Socket 1151) Motherboard - £25 Cashback

I have a SSD which ill move over. I have windows but I dont think you can move it over can you?

11 Comments

whats the main use?

What are you using it for primarily? Why did you settle on a 1060, as it looks like your budget is quite large.

If you wanted to save money you could without affecting performance too much, but again depends what you are using it for.

Original Poster

Some gaming.. not much but mostly business work..

Original Poster

I just pretty much choosed the lastest things really. I just like my computer to react quickly. I run a lot of scripts on it too.. so other then getting more then 1 cpu this would work for me.

You should add a decent mouse mat

Henlans

I just pretty much choosed the lastest things really. I just like my … I just pretty much choosed the lastest things really. I just like my computer to react quickly. I run a lot of scripts on it too.. so other then getting more then 1 cpu this would work for me.

Looks like a good build. Will come in handy finding those glitches fast
    Edited by: "northerngeezer" 25th Feb

RX480 over the 1060

Looks good, I believe it would suit your needs fine.

Since gaming isn't priority then you've done well opting to spend more on the CPU than GPU. If it was primarily use was for gaming I would suggest doing the opposite.

Just my personal preference but I would be too choose a different CPU cooler since that's overkill, especially since I doubt you'll even overclock the CPU. I would also choose a different monitor, I much prefer IPS displays, I own the Dell UltraSharp UP2516D. Also being picky I'd probably choose a different PSU.

Nothing wrong with your choices, just personal preferences.

If you are spending that much on a processor you shouldn't skimp on the 3gb 1060.

the processor is overpowered compared to the gpu. so u need to beef up the gpu

Original Poster

Well its built thanks for the advice!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…33
      2. Advertised on Gumtree55
      3. Remortgaging to pay off debt89
      4. Cheapest new phone line install existing customer56

See more discussions